Wednesday, February 27, 2008

OB appointment update

Ryan and I went for my OB check up appointment this morning. We met with my OB's partner, since my OB is on bed rest, by the way she is doing well, just bored out of her mind. Today we listened to the baby's heartbeat, which is beating at 156 beats per minute, pretty awesome. All my blood work came back good, except that I am anemic, no big deal, just have to take iron supplements. You should see these pills there like horse sized pills, but I am able to choke them down fine, added to all the other vitamins I am taking, I sometimes feel like I am a pill popper. I am taking prenatal vitamins, calcium supplements, and omega 3s, which is really good for brain development. You know we are going to have one healthy smart baby! I have another check up in 4 weeks, which will be March 25th. We need to wait 7 weeks until the sonogram, because the doctor wants to check the spine and baby's development. At that time also we will be able to find out if we are having a boy or girl.

Today I am 11 1/2 weeks, getting near to the 2nd trimester, which I hear is the honeymoon trimester. Suppose to feel awesome, so hoping no more nausea and being able to stay up past at 8pm because I am so tired.

So we will all have to wait for another 7 weeks before we get to see baby again, but it is good hearing that heartbeat!

1 comment:

  1. Ryan & Jennie~ I am so happy for the both of you. Being a parent is such an amazing feeling! For the rest of your lives you will have this little person that loves you more than words can describe! I can't think of two other people that will make better parents than the two of you! Steven & I miss you guys so much! You were and still are such great friends! Jennie, if you need ANYTHING or have ANY questions just write or call anytime and i'll do my best to help! P.S.....Everything you go through until this baby is born WILL be worth it in the end....I PROMISE!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and reading, I hope you found some encouragement! Please feel free to leave a comment, I always love to hear from my readers.