Sunday, March 2, 2008

End of 1st Trimester

I am on the last week of my first trimester, hoping that means an end to the nausea soon. This all has given me a new perspective on what mother's go through having and raising children. I feel a lot more respect towards mothers now. I feel so much more gratitude towards my mother for giving me life.

Today I tackled a little shopping, which exhausted me. I use to be able shop all day long, I made it through an hour today before I told myself that is enough, time to go back home and rest. It amazes me what my body is going through creating and nurturing this life growing inside of me. I look forward to the day I get to meet this new little one. I have already been thinking about all the wonderful things I love for my child to be able to do, but of course I know that may not happen, as you can't force a child to like something or want to do something. Because I remember a time when I was maybe about 4 or 5 years old, I was sitting on the top step of our stair case, and my mom was already to take me to my first dance class. I asked her before we were going to go if there would be boys in the class and she said maybe, and that freaked me out so much, that I didn't want to go to dance class because I might get boy germs. Of course my mom didn't make me go and I realize now just how funny it all was, hope my mom thinks so too and it didn't disappoint her too much that day when I said no and all because of boy germs. Which brings me to the hope that Ryan has for our child. He has this dream of making a golf pro out of our child and well I am hoping our child will enjoy yoga. I think yoga and golf would both benefit each other, be one with the ball. That is what I tell myself when I try to golf. So whatever our child decides they want to do, I will support them, but here is hope that maybe one of Ryan's dreams will come true for our child.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry when I read your latest update. Remember you might not feel appreciated by your children when they are growing up but you will hopefully realize it when they are older if you are as lucky a mother as I have been to have such a wonderful daughter and son as I have had. Love to both you and Ryan. Mom Wobschall

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and reading, I hope you found some encouragement! Please feel free to leave a comment, I always love to hear from my readers.