Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Little Guru


Before having Abigail, I never thought about how much being a mom I would love and enjoy! I just knew I would love her! But it is an amazing the kind of love you feel, it is overwhelming and powerful! I know Ryan also feels the same about our amazing daughter, and I am sure most parents would say the same about their own children. You don't realize what you learn as a parent. Here I was thinking I am going to teach her so much, but in reality she is teaching me or should I say I am relearning what I once was as a child. Children live there lives fully in the present moment, not thinking about yesterday or the future. They have open minds, curious, spontaneous, excited about the simplest things, laugh at the silliest things, find beauty in all. I also love their little imaginations, which I have been observing and participating in at the church nursery I work at. In teaching yoga and my daily practice of yoga is also about staying in the moment, opening your heart, etc.... Children remind of us where we came from and how life should be. Here are some quotes I found recently and must share:


"When we approach children with the awareness that they are our teachers, we become more present ourselves." ~from DailyOm

"Each second we live is a new and unique moment of the universe, a moment that will never be again ...And what do we teach our children? We teach them that two and two make four, and that Paris is the capital of France. When will we also teach them what they are?
We should say to each of them: Do you know what you are? You are a marvel. You are unique. In all the years that have passed, there has never been another child like you. Your legs, your arms, your clever fingers, the way you move.
You may become a Shakespeare, a Michelangelo, a Beethoven. You have the capacity for anything. Yes, you are a marvel. And when you grow up, can you then harm another who is, like you, a marvel?
You must work, we must all work, to make the world worthy of its children." ~Pablo Casals

1 comment:

  1. I love this post! I know I am guilty of not living in the moment. I need to stop being so busy and take time to just be a kid with my kids! You are right, they teach us so much! Being a mom is the greatest thing in the world! BTW, sure do miss you at MOPS! We need to plan a time to get together on a day other than Thursday!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and reading, I hope you found some encouragement! Please feel free to leave a comment, I always love to hear from my readers.