Saturday, September 22, 2012

Paint The Town Pink

This year me and the kiddo's participated in the Benton Women's Club Paint The Town Pink. This is there 5th year having it! It is a breast cancer awareness walk to promote the fight to eradicate breast cancer! I know a few ladies that have either had the disease or are fighting the disease and it is is a great cause to support!


Abigail and I got our pink shirts on and Aidan's stroller ready and headed out the door this morning. Beautiful day!! Actually we got a little warm as I over layered us all. Abigail didn't want to ride in stroller and wanted to walk, but after we watched the presentation and the award part of the event, she started to get tired. It was time for our walk. She did great, but then saw one of our friends and hoped up into her arms, so here I am pushing Aidan and Leslie carrying Ab, now mind you she is pregnant, so I am thinking this is so not right, so we switched. The walk is only a mile! So only had to carry Abigail for a short time. But it does put things into perspective if you stop to think, those that have had or are struggling with the disease go through a lot more struggling and challenges as they fight the disease.So a mile walk carrying your toddler is nothing to complain about, but instead to be thankful for your good health!
Ephesians 5:20~ giving thanks always for all things to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ

Next year maybe I will run the 5K they started this year, just need to get my running motivation back, which I haven't had since having Aidan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and reading, I hope you found some encouragement! Please feel free to leave a comment, I always love to hear from my readers.