Friday, December 21, 2012

Book Launch

No I didn't write a book, but I have been asked to read a book and help launch it!! I am one of those blessed people that have had the excitement of winning a couple free books from other blogs that I follow. Reason why my hubby thinks I should play the lottery, maybe I should, but I think these are books God puts on my lap because I need them. These books have been from mom Christian blogs/web-sites!
Anyhow, couple days ago I received an email that I was chosen to apart of the launch team with a few other moms!! As I showed interest and applied to be apart of the launch team in a book that will be coming out soon, that I feel a lot of us mom's will be able to relate too! I can't wait to revel this book and tell you more about it!! So for now stay tuned and remember, there are NO PERFECT MOM's! (When the book is launched there will be freebies and opportunities to win free book, so don't go out buying it yet.) But if you happen to be a perfect mom, I would love to hear from you and know how you do it!?

It is funny how perfect this book has fell into my life, since yesterday was not a great day for me. Really I have nothing I can complain about, I am truly blessed, but we all struggle with bad days, right!?
Having been struggling with not having a voice, which has made me feel not so great and kind of crabby. I let that be apart of determining how my day was going to be, though it didn't help that I spilled my morning coffee yesterday all over my keyboard and ruined it, new puppy potty's in the house, and then I took it out on my poor hubby because he has been working a lot, which puts me in charge of the whole household, which usually I am great at but when things don't go how I expect them to, it can take a toll on me sometimes, and that is a big mistake! Then I feel like a failure and start beating myself up. I have to remember to let those expectations go, there is no perfect, don't let negative thoughts in my head, because that is what the devil wants. I need to put my God filter on, His perspective, and most important find that time to set my heart right with God, because He is the one will fill me up with what I need and lead me in my day, if I let Him!
Here are a couple things from the book so far that I love:
"True confidence is really "God-confidence." It's not so much about believing in ourselves as it is about believing in what God can do through us. It's changing the message inside our heads from "I can't, to GOD can!" The Bible confirms this in Jeremiah 17:7 "But blessed are those who trust in the Lord and have made the Lord there hope and confidence.""
"In the Bible, God says, "Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go"~Joshua 1:9. Our courage comes from knowing we are not alone. God is with us. He is our strength, He will help us take off fear and put on courage."

One last thought for everyone today from me:
How ironic that today is the end of the Mayan calendar, but yet today is also Winter Solstice! I was never worried and I hope many of you were not either. This should be taken as a sign, only trust in God and what His Word says in the Bible! Matthew 24:36
"No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father."
So today celebrate and everyday, praise God!

1 comment:

  1. I love your attitude--we all have bad days, but you're approaching yours with a great perspective. Can't wait to hear more about the book...sounds like I need it!

    Love,

    A far-from-perfect Mom!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and reading, I hope you found some encouragement! Please feel free to leave a comment, I always love to hear from my readers.