Friday, January 18, 2013

Wives this one is for you! Encouragement and what God is teaching me.

As you know it is on my heart to help and encourage mom's, sometimes that is as a mommy to little one's and sometimes it is in marriage. I have experienced some not so great moments and I know other mom's/wives have too, though I know there is a lot of us out there, that never talk about things because fear you might be judged or that you are a terrible person. So not true!! Never would I tell someone what they should or shouldn't do, but I can certainly share from my experiences and what God has taught me. God wants us to love and encourage one another! I enjoy being apart of MOPS just for this reason, we are moms that encourage one another. I also experience this through the women's Bible study groups I am apart of and the friends God has placed in my life. 

  
Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.~ 1 Thessalonians 5:11

  Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love.~Ephesians 4:2

The Bible teaches us to: 
Likewise, teach the older women to be reverent in the way they live, not to be slanderers or addicted to much wine, but to teach what is good. Then they can urge the younger women to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands, so that no one will malign the word of God.
~Titus 2:3-5

Here are couple blogs I read recently, that are speaking to me.
I started following her blog a couple months ago, I believe God is convicting my heart, I know I am not always respectful to my husband, guilty as charged! Anyone else out there, oh I know you are there, we are not alone in this battle. I can see myself in this story, and it made me see the way I have reacted to certain situations were definitely not the right way or the way God would of wanted me to. http://peacefulwife.com/2013/01/14/a-real-life-example-of-respect-and-submission/

I recently started following her blog too, and she writes some great blogs on being a godly wife and what it looks like Biblical. I am just starting to study this and actually this is the reason I will be reading The Excellent Wife and getting together with some other ladies to discuss this book a few times over the months ahead. If you like to join us, let me know. Sure is some interesting stuff here and I am excited to see how God will speak to me through this. http://joleneengle.com/what-every-husband-needs-from-his-wife/


One last one to share, because a lot of people don't think about satan, we need to be-aware but at the same time not fear. Enemy will attack you at some point in your life and you need to be ready. The enemy can attack you in many ways, through many different situations. I liked this in the article: "
We can either walk through our faith, pretending the enemy won’t try to threaten our spiritual wellness (much like pretending that Big Mac habit isn’t going to mess with your cholesterol level) or we can be prepared, alert and proactive so that we walk in victory, no matter what stage we are at. Victories come in all shapes and sizes, my friends. Don’t forget that." http://www.spirituallyunequalmarriage.com/my_weblog/2013/01/know-your-enemys-tactics.html

2 comments:

  1. thanks for sharing--will be checking these out! wish you were closer--our Sunday School class just started Love and Respect. SO EXCITED to do this one WITH my Boy! :) Hope y'all have a great weekend, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss y'all!! So thankful for technology to keep us in contact! Happy reading!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and reading, I hope you found some encouragement! Please feel free to leave a comment, I always love to hear from my readers.