Thursday, March 7, 2013

Love and Grace

This week we dealt with some sickness and discipline issues, but who doesn't deal with those from time to time. But these things can give you a different perspective, a good perspective, and that is when I know that God always brings something good from something bad. I am thinking it is just what I needed, or the Lord wanted to teach me.

Talking about perspective, maybe you are like me and from time to time become overwhelmed with all the choices and I today I was talking to a friend about the many school choices there are. Everyday is filled with making choices, from what to wear, eat, read, activies, etc... I love what Sally Clarkson wrote about here in her blog and I so can't wait to do this book as a study with mom's in the near future. I have the book in my stack, yes stack!
http://www.itakejoy.com/too-many-choices-too-many-voices-desperate-chapter-11/ 

Let's talk about courage, I lack that sometimes, because I let worry or fear get the better of me sometimes in my planning. I have this vision of a community Bible study for mom's of all ages, that meets during the school year. Learning about Christ, parenting, marriage, relationships, all those struggles that mom's may encounter. Bascially teaching the model of Titus 2 Likewise, teach the older women to be reverent in the way they live, not to be slanderers or addicted to much wine, but to teach what is good. Then they can urge the younger women to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands, so that no one will malign the word of God. 
This gal, she encourages me, God speaks to me through her blog:
http://holleygerth.com/what-courage-really-means-maybe-not-what-you-think/ Sometimes we are called to go before we fully see.
 http://holleygerth.com/35-a-letter-to-you-god-sized-dreamer/  A God-sized dream isn’t about what you do as much as how you do it. It’s about pursuing life with passion, purpose, and going with God wherever he leads.

Joy and Humility go hand in hand! This post spoke to me on some many levels. We has humans can be selfish, and I know I struggle with that. Since becoming a wife and a mother, God has shown me how selfish I was in the past and I am still a work in progress. 
 http://www.domestickingdom.com/2013/02/27/the-happy-humble-work-of-a-mother/

This is for the new mom's, something you won't read in those Everything You Need To Know books...
To seek God and rely on Him for the strength you need. To pray over each child regularly. To remember the impact you are having on these little ones, even when it seems you are doing the same thing every day…and nobody but GOD actually sees all the little things you are doing! http://www.themominitiative.com/2013/02/24/some-thoughts-for-young-moms/

Everyone needs love and grace!!  May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all~2 Corinthians 13:14


2 comments:

  1. I loved talking with you today about some choices. We'll have to lunch again sometime to cover some more! :) Oh, and I want to read "Desperate" too. All the excerpts I read are so, so good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Kristin, I look forward to that!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and reading, I hope you found some encouragement! Please feel free to leave a comment, I always love to hear from my readers.