Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Thankfullness

Yesterday was what I consider a bad day for me, dealing with a mouse who is too smart to get caught, dentist appointment that was suppose to be a checkup has now turned into me going to see an oral surgeon, and then dealing with the change in our eye insurance which went from ok coverage to bad coverage, which I am sure is due to cut-backs and to save the company money. Plus I been missing my hubby, he has been away working more then I am use too lately. So what's a girl to do? Spend some-time in God's Word and that is exactly what I did last night after all was quiet in my house. Remember where our joy comes from and our blessings. Once I started writing my blessings of the day, those bad things turned into not such bad things, but more inconveniences. Yes I still have to deal with those things. It also helped to talk with my hubby via cell, which I am thankful for!

Many of you have heard me say this before, if you haven't read 1000 Gifts by Ann Voskamp. I highly recommend it. When you start counting your blessings, you will realize how so blessed you are and those bad/unexpected things that happen, which we all deal with will seem minor in comparison of the big picture.
 http://www.aholyexperience.com/2013/03/daring-greatly-to-fully-live-right-where-you-are/   "dare to realize joy isn’t a function of what happens, but of what you think. Joy is a function of how you thank."

Yes, today was a joyful day, and everyday can be when we thank and praise the Lord!! Happy children, won some free DVDs, yummy church meal and time with church family this evening! Plus I ended the night with a great laugh with a friend from church!! :)

1 comment:

  1. Right on!! Exactly - I loved Ann's book and have been counting the gifts ever since. This year I tried the Joy Dare - even more particular looking for something specific. Having fun doing it.
    Blessings to you as you reach out to capture each moment of living.
    Janis

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and reading, I hope you found some encouragement! Please feel free to leave a comment, I always love to hear from my readers.