Friday, April 19, 2013

Review of The 5 Love Languages of Children

I've heard a lot about The 5 Love Languages, but just haven't read one of the books until now. I recently read The 5 Love Languages of Children which I feel is helping me to communicate with my children better and discipline in away that is more effective and also helpful in seeing the needs of my husband too even though the book is geared for children. The book is broken down into twelve chapters, the first is about the foundation and then the next five chapters is focused on each of the love languages. It provides very detail explanation of each of the love languages along with examples, for me it was a little too much detail, but very informative.
Chapters 7-10 were my favorite chapters of the books since it dealt with how to figure out your child's love language, how to best discipline, how to best learn, and how curb anger. At the end of the book there are some suggestions for games to play with older children to help find their love language.I would definitely recommend this book, especially for the discipline part it was worth it for me.
Here is the web-site to check out more of the book, along with some free resources. http://www.5lovelanguages.com/resource/the-five-love-languages-of-children/
*I received a copy of this book from the publisher for the purpose of this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and reading, I hope you found some encouragement! Please feel free to leave a comment, I always love to hear from my readers.