Thursday, July 18, 2013

Mini Kitchen Update

Wow what a little paint and tile will do!! I have been wanting to paint our kitchen since we bought our house a year and half ago. To me the kitchen was dull and I too much green in the house for my taste. With the kitchen being one the places in the house I spend a lot of time in, I need it to look happy :) Last week I picked out a paint color and hubby was off a few days this week, so he did the job of painting, because he is so good at it, I am sloppy when it comes to painting. At first he didn't care for my color choice, but because he loves me he painted it anyways. Then he had an idea to go look at some glass tile for a back-splash above the stove and around my main work area in the kitchen. Glass tile ranges around $10-20 square foot, but we were in luck when we went to Lowe's!! They had one design on clearance and it was the colors we wanted and just the right amount that we needed for the area. We were in shock with the price! The price was $2.48 a square foot!!!! So we bought it right away, we were just going to look and put it in the budget for a future purpose but with a price that good we couldn't pass it up. So yesterday my hubby finished tiling and last night I put my kitchen back together. Now all we have left to do is the floor and new appliances but we need to budget for that.Thank you hubby for all your hard work, you are awesome and I am so blessed to have you in my life!!!

Here are some pictures of the transformation:

 A few in process pictures.

 Before tile.

Hubby hard at work.



Our "steal" of a deal tile!

The after pictures!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and reading, I hope you found some encouragement! Please feel free to leave a comment, I always love to hear from my readers.