Thursday, August 29, 2013

August is coming to an end!

Summer has been good here this summer in Kentucky! Though these last couple weeks have been a little more hot then I like, but not like Texas hot, right my Texan friends!? So looking forward to fall weather, my favorite time of year, with fall festivals, sweatshirts, bonfires, smores, hiking and seeing some beautiful sunsets! Plus I am just excited to get into September, part of the summer I spent wrestling with God and then gave God those struggles and now satan has been been trying to discourage me with distractions and fear. But I know God has it and has already won the victory!! See I am getting smarter, not letting satan get the better of me and recognizing his tactics he tries to use, only because I have been building a deeper relationship with God! Also I have these amazing sisters in Christ that pray and encourage me! So I welcome fall and seeing God's work continue!

I have been leading a Simply Devoted group http://kaysepratt.com/simply-devoted  It has been so encouraging and a blessing to me! Sharing our daily God time with one another and encouraging one another! God has been using this to speak to me, along with some blogs/articles I have read recently and really there are a few more and my time studying His Word, but this is what I want to share with y'all!

I get discouraged and struggle sometimes with anxiety when I fear something, and satan knows that and uses those two things and he also has been using things in my life to distract me from what God wants me to being doing. Lately I haven't let satan get the better of me, but that doesn't mean sometimes I don't feel like a failure, and it is good to know some days, against all odds, it will still be enough!!
If you missed this one today, be sure to go read it now if you are a mom, I loved it and here is why, "If you are worried about being a bad parent, you are probably a good one. You are doing a wonderful job. Parenting is mind-numbingly hard and none of us will be perfect at it and all of us will jack a thousand parts of it, and somehow, against all odds, it will still be enough." http://jenhatmaker.com/blog/2013/08/29/hope-for-spicy-families 

OK so I know we all know and heard about Miley by now, and at first I admit I was a bit shocked but I was also feeling sorry for her at the same time. As time went on and the more I thought about it, really we have all made and done some stupid things, I know I have just thankful wasn't on TV! Really is Miley to take all the blame, I don't believe so, we don't know her personal background and also there is the media, and you know MTV did rehearsals and someone was encouraging her, unfortunately it was the wrong encouragement! I have read several articles, some very judging and some much like this one, http://mommyonfire.com/2013/08/29/why-miley-needs-love-and-not-judgement/ and she stated it well "But when we we are called to go against the grain, to love someone who isn’t easy to love, we are being called to Radical Love. And Radical Love is Jesus Love."  God calls us to love our neighbors and the greatest of all is love, I know I don't always love, like I am called to, but I am working on it with God's love! 
Matthew 22:36-39 Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law? Jesus replied: Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the first and greatest commandment.And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself. 

This week God has really been speaking to me about distractions, it started Sunday at church with our pastor's sermon and last night in our Wednesday night class which I had no idea what we would be talking about. Yes God you have my attention!! This is the verse we studied and it spoke to me so much. What in my life do I waste time on, what distracts me away from God? ~Isaiah 55:2-3 Wherefore do ye spend money for that which is not bread? and your labour for that which satisfieth not? hearken diligently unto me, and eat ye that which is good, and let your soul delight itself in fatness. Incline your ear, and come unto me: hear, and your soul shall live; and I will make an everlasting covenant with you, even the sure mercies of David.

After my morning today, I am feeling at peace and so blessed! I saw lots of encouragement today and seen God at work!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and reading, I hope you found some encouragement! Please feel free to leave a comment, I always love to hear from my readers.