Friday, September 13, 2013

Encouraging this week...

This week I was taught a lesson through knots. Has God ever spoke to you during your day? I am not always the best listener! Reason is because there are so many distractions in my life, most of those are because of my precious children, and there are also many other distractions the dishes, laundry, meals, etc... so I am not always the best at hearing God. The other day, I ended up untying several knots or trying to, but then got frustrated (I haven't untied knots lately, so I thought why am I constantly having to untie knots today?) There was knot in bow, then a necklace, some toy got tangled up, and then a necklace again. It was the third time I was untying a knot when I heard just let it go, let go of what is causing you stress. So right there I gave it up to God!

I loved how my week has ended, fall weather has arrived and looking forward to spending some time with a dear friend and her sweet girls. I am remembering to stop and focus on the blessings after a busy day, it helps put things into perspective! 


These blog posts are what spoke to me this week, what about you? How did God speak to you?
You are a wonder.
You are a mighty-doer-of-grand deeds.
You are wildly under-rating yourself.

In this season of deep, up-to-the-elbows busy.
- See more at: http://lisajobaker.com/2013/09/mom-guilt-im-getting-over-it/#sthash.KBMKLjIE.dpuf
You are a warrior.
You are a wonder.
You are a mighty-doer-of-grand deeds.
You are wildly under-rating yourself.

In this season of deep, up-to-the-elbows busy.
- See more at: http://lisajobaker.com/2013/09/mom-guilt-im-getting-over-it/#sthash.KBMKLjIE.dpuf


"You are a warrior. You are a wonder. You are a mighty-doer-of-grand deeds. You are wildly under-rating yourself. In this season of deep, up-to-the-elbows busy." - See more at: http://lisajobaker.com/2013/09/mom-guilt-im-getting-over-it/#sthash.KBMKLjIE.dpuf

"When God is my greatest desire, it will not matter what other people think or say about me (Psalm 27:10). It will not matter whether I have a little or a lot to claim as my own (Philippians 4:12). It will not matter whether I am successful or a failure in the eyes of the world (1 Corinthians 1:8). And it will not matter if my world crumbles down around me (Habakkuk 3:17-18). Because if I have God as my greatest desire, I have everything I could ever want or need." - See more at: http://toshowthemjesus.com/2013/09/09/my-greatest-desire/


"What if I'm the only Bible that some people read? What is the message they receive?  What if someone is looking to me to see an example of Christ? How often do I fail them?" http://time-warp-wife.blogspot.com/2013/09/he-always-brings-me-back-to-grace.html

I start back teaching yoga classes next week! Also next week Peak313 starts her 5 Week“Living and Active” challenge. Perfect timing for me!  Her goal is to get you into God’s Word which holds the keys to getting us Living & Active! So I am taking the challenge and I encourage y'all too!! You can find out more here - http://peak313.com/featured/the-2nd-annual-living-and-active-challenge/

This fall I have been blessed to be apart of two book launches!!

The first one is Women Living Well by Courtney Joseph. She also has a blog, which I have been following for a couple years, love it! Right now they are doing a prelaunch special of her book with some freebies. The book is great, I am almost finished and will write a review soon, but I encourage you to take advantage of her freebies and get the book, you won't be disappointed.  http://womenlivingwell.org/2013/09/get-10-free-ebooks-when-you-pre-order-women-living-well/

The second one is When A Woman Finds Her Voice by Jo Ann Fore. I wrote a previous blog about the book, it is encouraging and again you won't be disappointed, check out the previous post I wrote - http://ajourney4life.blogspot.com/2013/09/when-woman-finds-her-voice.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and reading, I hope you found some encouragement! Please feel free to leave a comment, I always love to hear from my readers.