Monday, September 2, 2013

Sepetember is here, do you know what that means?

Birthdays and more birthdays...
We have lots of birthdays in our family in September, plus a couple of my girlfriends too are September babies! But my favorite little girl's birthday is this week! Yes my sweet daughter turns 5, though some days it feels like she is going on 20! It is actually her golden birthday this year, so we are celebrating it big this week!

 Here she is with daddy when she was less then a week old
 and with mama!!

My parents and aunt arrived yesterday so we will be having some fun family time! In addition, Abigail has invited some friends over to celebrate her special day!

What makes this mama sad, is that last night Abigail had her first sleepover, first time she has been away from me other then when I had little man. Abigail was kind of sad that my family wasn't staying at our house this time, instead they opted to stay at a cabin at LBL and Abigail asked if she could go. So last night Abigail had her first sleepover with the grandparents. Well I haven't heard anything, so obviously she is having a great time! Do you know what is sweet and what made this mama's heart happy? She asked me and her daddy to pray for her so she wouldn't be scared! I prayed God please comfort Abigail and help her not to be scared and that Jesus is watching over her.

Then first thing this morning I thought about the verse Abigail was taught and memorized in preschool last year and this verse is so perfect for any one that is fearing something or afraid.
Psalm 23
The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
He maketh me to lie down in green pastures:
He leadeth me beside the still waters.
He restoreth my soul:
He leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil: for thou art with me;
Thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies:
Thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life:
And I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever. 


I love how God works in the daily moments, He is always there and always present for us!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and reading, I hope you found some encouragement! Please feel free to leave a comment, I always love to hear from my readers.