Friday, September 27, 2013

This week's encouragement...

In my women's Wednesday night class we are studying Gideon by Priscilla Shirer. God has been using this study to speak to me. From this week, I am soaking this in:
"Stakes are often much higher when the mission field is so personal. Wherever you are is where you are meant to serve now. Your greatest impact will be done here-in the ordinary rhythms of your daily living."

How to find joy in poop, yes really you can, for me it would be to have a God perspective, which I should at all time, and of course a little humor to go with it... http://www.leahheffner.com/little-bit-of-joy/

This week I started on a team for book launch by Kayse Lee Pratt. Undivided Mom will release October 7, here is a little description by Kayse "Undivided Mom is a devotional for moms who feel distracted, pulled in a million different directions, and really just desperately need Jesus to keep them from losing their ever-loving minds. It’s about mothering with a vision, with a purpose, for His glory, and through His strength."http://kaysepratt.com/undivided-mom I started reading it a few days ago and this is definitely a book I need to read, because I deal with daily distractions and there are some days I feel like I would forget my head if it wasn't attached to my neck.
Here are a few quotes:
"I'm learning that motherhood simply may not be the time to pursue all of my supposed to's at once."
"He desires our hearts more than our service. If we've got our hearts in the right place, everything else is secondary."
"Our perspective each day makes a difference."
Luke 11:34~"Your eye is the lamp of your body. When your eye is healthy, your whole body is full of light. But when it is bad, your body is full of darkness." 

Here is a great quote I came across from Peak 313 http://peak313.com/  “This is one sneaky way that satan will mess with your brain–convincing you that it doesn’t matter unless you are going big or doing it perfect! Whether it’s your health, your marriage, your ministry, or finances, this is great inspiration! Small things add up. Be obedient with the time and resources you have for today!”~Gary Thomas

"Taking on too many responsibilities, no matter how “good” they may be, can often render us ineffective for service to God. Yet, He knows our limits. He understands are capacities. He is willing, if we will ask Him, to help us navigate the busyness and activity that often trips us up." http://www.karenehman.com/2010/01/multi-tasking-mayhem-and-an-organizational-giveaway/

A dear friend of mine started a blog recently and I encourage you to follow it. This week's post is Lessons from Peanut Butter M&M's.... "Satan says, “What’s the big deal?”  Then he takes something that God creates as good and perverts it to bring harm to us.  The word tells us to take all thoughts captive……." http://michellehawkins2003.wordpress.com/2013/09/22/lessons-from-peanut-butter-mms-2/


3 comments:

  1. We are starting that study on Tuesday!! I can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cori it is so good, we are on week two and already have many notes wrote down from the Gideon study.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great quotes! That looks like a really good study. I'm excited to read Kayse's new book! Her last one was awesome and got me totally organized. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and reading, I hope you found some encouragement! Please feel free to leave a comment, I always love to hear from my readers.