Saturday, October 5, 2013

Audrey Bunny

I was so excited to get this book in my mailbox today!! I have read many good things about it, plus the author Angie Smith has an inspiring story too, so I knew the book would have to be good! You can check Angie out here   http://angiesmithonline.com/  Here is also a video about how the book came about, get your kleenex you will need it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gimzwjmmq6Q

I read this book to my daughter who is five and she really liked it, she felt sad for the bunny for a moment when the bunny didn't get picked before, she said "oh-no!". She also loved the illustrations in the book, they are very well done, right down to that thumb print over the bunny's heart! I love how this book teaches us about how God made us perfect in His imagine and that we are all beautifully made despite any imperfections we may feel we have. At the end of the book is a parent connection, which shares some Bible verses related to the story and questions to ask you child about the book. Every little girl needs this book!!


"It's true. God loves you and created you just the way your are."

I have the opportunity to give away a free copy of this book to one person, so please comment and let me know how God see's you? That is one of the questions at the end of the book. I will randomly draw a name from the comments on Saturday, October 12, 2013

You can purchase the book here:
http://amzn.to/1bmlKel

From the publisher:

About Audrey Bunny
From best-selling women’s author Angie Smith (I Will Carry You, Mended) comes this sweet children’s book about a stuffed animal named Audrey Bunny who fears her imperfections make her unworthy of a little girl’s love. She'll learn the truth soon enough, and young readers will learn that everyone is special and wonderfully made by God.
Angie Smith is the wife of Todd Smith (lead singer of Dove Award winning group Selah), best-selling author of MendedI Will Carry You, and What Women Fear, and one of the most popular speakers and blog writers in the country. She holds a Master’s degree in Developmental Psychology from Vanderbilt University and lives with her husband and daughters in Nashville, TN.

Written by: Angie Smith
Publisher: B&H Publishing
Hardcover with jacket:  32 pages 
$14.99
*"I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believer will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR,Part 255. "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."

3 comments:

  1. What a neat book! I love Angie's writing and I'm so excited she wrote a kid's book! I'm slowly learning this year how God sees me through the eyes of GRACE and how freeing it is to know that I am not defined by my past or any of my failures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a great book for my daughter! I think I'm struggling with how God sees me right now, the way I see myself keeps getting in the way!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and reading, I hope you found some encouragement! Please feel free to leave a comment, I always love to hear from my readers.