Monday, October 7, 2013

Living and Active Challenge With Yoga Sequence

Moving into week four of the Peak 313 Living and Active Challenge http://peak313.com/
I have completed the fitness and scripture goals for the week. 1 John 2:16 For everything in the world—the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life—comes not from the Father but from the world.
 In addition, I have also added drinking more water to my challenge, as this is something I need to do better at. I really appreciate my accountability partner reminding me to drink my water!

With the cooler fall weather ahead I look forward to doing some of my fitness outside, like hiking and walking! Here is the link to week four, she has included some workouts to do from home. http://peak313.com/featured/2nd-living-and-active-wk-4-heart-healthy-checkpoint-3/
Proverbs 4:23  Above all else, guard your heart,
    for everything you do flows from it.

I thought I share a beginner yoga sequence for those are new to yoga or are wanting a gentle practice. Remember to mark you schedules and come to one of my classes at Mega Gym. I teach every Monday and Wednesday 9:30-10:15am! I teach a beginner to intermediate yoga class, providing modifications. So if you are new you won't feel uncomfortable and if you have been doing yoga for a while you can do the more challenging poses.



3 comments:

  1. I've recently started yoga, and I'm loving it. Are their any hard/fast rules as to how much and how often I should entegrate yoga into my weekly workout routine for optimal results?
    Blessings!
    Tomie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tomie, I do yoga every morning when I get up for about 15-20 minutes and teach two classes a week. You have to think of working out like maintenance for the body, like brushing teeth ever-day is maintenance for the teeth, try and do something everyday. Otherwise if you do an hour class try doing it a couple time a week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that yoga sequence! Great focus on the water--so easy to forget getting that in some days, isn't it? Keep it up!
    Clare
    www.peak313.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and reading, I hope you found some encouragement! Please feel free to leave a comment, I always love to hear from my readers.