Saturday, October 26, 2013

October is coming to an end!

One of my favorite months of the year is October. I have always loved fall weather! Hot chocolate, cidar, anything pumpkin, sweatshirts, scarfs, color changes in the leaves, cooler weather, and an end to allergy season!! I missed the changing of the seasons when I lived in Texas, which is one of the reasons I love Kentucky, it has the four seasons, minus the long freezing winters of Minnesota which I grew up in. I came across this article and so can relate to it in many ways and perfect for the changing of the seasons..."The beauty of life is in the changing of seasons. Of growing weary of one and savoring the coming of the next, wearing that one thin and welcoming the familiarity of another." - See more at: http://www.itakejoy.com/the-beauty-of-seasons/#sthash.oflisZbK.dpuf

With October comes fall fests and Halloween! The kids have already dressed up in their costumes and have received lots of candy! Let me introduce you to Spiderman and Spider-girl! They both think they have super strength in there costumes. I think they look so cute and coordinate well together, someday hopefully they will look back and see it the same way I do! 

Halloween makes me think of shining our lights, to drive out darkness.

In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.~Matthew 5:16

Yesterday we enjoyed some time at the park with some very sweet friends! Heather is one of my first friends here in Kentucky, we met through MOPS and we relate to each other in so many ways, she is really a wonderful sweet person!! She has a grateful, encouraging, giving heart and we understand each others crazy silliness!!  My kids love her kids and vice a versa! Her hubby is great guy and a marine! I have not been to MOPS with her in over a year, but we still hang out when we can! Soon her and her sweet family will be moving due to new orders :( But I know we will keep in touch and I have a great excuse to visit the Carolina's now!!

 Will miss seeing this sweet sista's face! So blessed and thankful to have met her and call her a friend! "Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened"~Dr. Seuss





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and reading, I hope you found some encouragement! Please feel free to leave a comment, I always love to hear from my readers.