Friday, November 29, 2013

Day after Thanksgiving!!

We had a nice quiet Thanksgiving, it was just the hubby, I and our two sweet kiddos! (Disclaimer: they are not sweet all the time :) We were blessed having the hubby home for most the day, as the railroad was still running trains and he was on-call. Since we had no where to be or go, and I wanted a day off from cooking we went for buffet at a local restaurant and it was yummy. I was amazed by all the people there. This is the one time of the year I miss being near my family the most, though I have no desire to move back to Minnesota, so if y'all would just move here that would be great!!
Here are our two little turkey's dressed and ready to go:


Afterwards we relaxed and then went for a drive to see some Christmas lights, one or our favorite things to do during the holiday season.

Today just the kiddos and I, and no we are not going Black Friday shopping. I may be a little crazy, but I am not that crazy, plus I hate shopping. Yes I know I am a girl, but not something I enjoy doing. Though I am already almost done with Christmas shopping for the year and the rest will be done locally or on-line. We don't spend a lot at Christmas. We are blessed beyond our needs, so we focus on three gifts for our kiddo's. One thing fun to play with, one educational and one thing to wear. I can't help but think of the many that don't have much or can afford to buy things. After reading Jen Hatmaker's book Interrupted I found some statics and this basically sums it up:

On Friday's I usually share blog articles that speak to me, but today going to share some deals and favorites. Please feel free to share in the comment section, any deals you find and I love to hear your favorite quotes or Bible verses!

Watching this movie and the Bible study I will be doing in December: http://womenlivingwell.org/2013/11/let-it-snow-and-an-advent-bible-study/

A book for us mama's only $1.99 right now!  http://www.amazon.com/Desperate-Hope-Mom-Needs-Breathe-ebook/dp/B008GVZ0FK/ref=pd_sim_kstore_6

Living in excess, on sale right now! http://www.amazon.com/7-Experimental-Mutiny-Against-Excess-ebook/dp/B006O34NKK/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1385734344&sr=1-1&keywords=7+by+jen+hatmaker

Free Bible app for the kids https://www.bible.com/kids

I love my husband and our marriage, all the good and bad times! "Marriage. The roots are deep. The covenant is solid. The love is sweet. Life is hard. And God is good." - John Piper
My favorite blog for marriage encouragement  http://timewarpwife.com/

"God has a purpose for placing me exactly where I am right now-in this time and place-just like He did for Esther"..see more at:  http://proverbs31.org/devotions/devo/boldness/

Colossians 4:2, which says “Devote yourselves to prayer with an alert mind and a thankful heart.”  Simple verse broken down into four steps to help remember to be thankful:
1 -Devotion to God
2  -Prayer
3 – Be Alert to blessings
4 – Have a thankful heart.   from http://traciemiles.com/why-im-thankful/

What matters most is having a relationship with Jesus
Matthew 11:28-30 “Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you’ll recover your life. I’ll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won’t lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you’ll learn to live freely and lightly.”



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and reading, I hope you found some encouragement! Please feel free to leave a comment, I always love to hear from my readers.