Saturday, November 9, 2013

The holidays are upon us!!

Last week I put up our Thanksgiving tree and prepared out Thanksgiving coutdown. Today I put up our Christmas tree, call me crazy or maybe I was just bored, but that is hard to be with two little kids and something always needing cleaning or picking up. I think it was the fact that really I am just over Halloween and my littlest thinks every time he see's a pumpkin it is for Halloween. Last night we also talked about Christmas lights and the kids got so excited, so maybe that was another reason. Anyhow it doesn't matter I have my tree up before Thanksgiving and this year we have a big tree!! Thanks to my parents and I just love it!! We had fun putting it together and decorating it! The kids are just so excited and love looking at it!
 Our Thanksgiving tree!

                                                                  This year's Christmas Tree!!
 
We are excited for Christmas and I am looking forward to putting our Jesse Tree Ornaments on the tree while we do our Christmas count-down. We did the Jesse Tree last year for the first time and the kids enjoyed it. I have MOPS to thanks for the ornaments as we did it as a project last year and also a friend of mine who shared it as one of her traditions. I love how it shares God's promises and how He fulfilled His perfect plan for the Messiah.

Psalm 95:1-6
"O come, let us sing unto the LORD: let us make a joyful noise to the rock of our salvation. Let us come before his presence with thanksgiving, and make a joyful noise unto him with psalms. For the LORD is a great God, and a great King above all gods. In his hand are the deep places of the earth: the strength of the hills is his also. The sea is his, and he made it: and his hands formed the dry land. O come, let us worship and bow down: let us kneel before the LORD our maker."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and reading, I hope you found some encouragement! Please feel free to leave a comment, I always love to hear from my readers.