Monday, November 11, 2013

Thinking of my Grandpa's on Veteran's Day!!

I grew up with two amazing grandfather's both who have served there time in wars/military. My Grandpa Wobschall is still alive and kicking and I mean it, he is a go getter! He is a man of God and a hard worker. He is now enjoying the retirement life and I do wish I could see him more often.

My other, Grandpa Waite, left this earth too soon, but I know someday I will see him again. I have many wonderful memories with him, spending weekends being grandpa's little girl, staying at his camper on weekends with him and won't forget the summer trip we took to Pennsylvania to visit relatives when I was around 10 years old.

I am thankful for all the men and women who have or are serving our country! But I am especially proud of my grandpa's! I have this clipping from the Parade magazine dated March 1, 1953. It is my grandpa telling about serving with John Eisenhower, President Eisenhower's son. It is a great little piece of history I have!

Greater love has no one than this, to lay down one’s life for one’s friends.~John 15:13


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and reading, I hope you found some encouragement! Please feel free to leave a comment, I always love to hear from my readers.