Saturday, November 2, 2013

Creed Review

This is the first time I have read a memoir. It is interesting reading a book about a band I use to listen to when I was much younger, many years ago. I haven’t listened to his music in years and kind of forgot about him until I received the opportunity to review Scott Stapp’s book-Sinner’s Creed and new CD Proof of Life.  Not the typical book I would read but I do like his music and always great to hear about someone overcoming addiction, his personal struggles,  and how he turned around his life because of God and his family’s love. You can hear his life come out in his music, which is something that I saw while reading this book. Also see lots of grace here and that is what God gives each of us.  You can feel the pain and struggles he had. Towards the end you can see the glory of God in that.
“I saw “The Great Divide” as a fervent prayer. It was my attempt to reunite with the Holy Spirit, the feeling part of my relationship with God, I sang” You have loved me when I was weak, You have given unselfishly, Kept me from falling, falling, Everywhere but my knees.”

“The only way I could make it was by God’s grace, one step at a time, one day at a time.”

“The story of my life is profoundly unclear. It is a rock-and-story and, at the same time, a story of my walk with Christ. The two are melded together in ways both unpredictable and unsure.”
This book is for anyone who has listened to Creed, is a fan, or wants to read a story about an over-comer this is an excellent book!
Sinner’s Creed book trailer:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1G-v_2TYq8 
AND single, ‘Slow Suicide’, lyric video:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PWcXhE9NTQ

From the publishers: Scott Stapp, frontman for Grammy-winning CREED, is releasing his memoir, Sinner's Creed, in softcover next month. In the book, he shares about his fundamentalist upbringing, the rise of Creed, his ongoing battle with addiction, his fall from fame, the rediscovery of his faith and the launch of his solo career. Next month Stapp will also be releasing a new solo album, Proof of Life. Proof of Life reaffirms the realizations and the stories in the book and puts them to music in an emotional journey.

"This is the most meaningful record of my career," said Stapp. "I've made a lot of messes in my life, but I've learned I can take a mess and turn it into a message. This album chronicles my struggles, my journey and it's the most honest record I have ever written. The fans have always meant everything to me and over the years they've come to me and told me how through my music they've gotten through the worst of times, and that hit me. With this album, it's the first time that when I listened back to the tracks, it became a cathartic experience for me."

Stapp along with Creed has sold over 30 million albums, had three Grammy nominations and one win for Best Rock Song with "With Arms Wide Open."
*"I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believer will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR,Part 255. "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and reading, I hope you found some encouragement! Please feel free to leave a comment, I always love to hear from my readers.