Friday, November 15, 2013

Yay it's Friday!!

We have had a busy week, with preschool, teaching yoga, eye and ear appointments for the kids. However, we did manage to squeeze in some time for lunch with a friend that I don't see much face to face. Tomorrow, we will get together with another dear friend of mine to say our good-bye's as they venture off to begin a new adventure in their move to South Carolina.

So many people posting there thanks and I love reading them, there inspiring and encouraging. As I stated before, I have been doing this for sometime in my journal since reading 1000 Gifts by Ann Voskamp. It really does help you see the world differently and give you a new perspective, a God-perspective. She has a powerful message this week and it is a must read.  http://www.aholyexperience.com/2013/11/how-to-put-one-foot-in-front-of-the-other/

1Thessalonians 5:18~ Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. My two little's can sometimes challenge me, but thankful we are all learning and growing together in this journey of life. I hope they know I would do anything for them, I pray for them everyday! Life has thrown some lemons at me and some have been very sour, but those circumstances have made me who I am today. I am truly thankful and blessed, I have all I need! So thankful for a God that loves me and my faith. I am so thankful for a husband who works crazy long unpredictable hours to provide for our family and on top of that is an awesome husband and father! Thankful for my two beautiful children who have sweet tender hearts and bring so much joy into our lives! Thankful for Abigail's eye doctor Dr. Bryson he has has been so great with helping improve Abigail's eye sight. Thankful Aidan doesn't have to go back to the ENT doctor, his ear is fine! Thankful for my church family who love and encourage us. Thankful for family and friends both far and near. Thankful for our mom ministry Mom's Connect, love seeing God work on our hearts, bringing connections, and support.Thankful that God speaks to my heart, most the time it is through the Bible, but he also uses people in my life and through blogs to speak to me. Every week I like to reflect and share things that have spoke to me. Here are a few of them, please share anything that spoke to you and share through the comment section.


Being a mom can be messy some days, but I wouldn't trade it for anything! It is the best calling God has given me! "Sure, motherhood is messy, but the outcome is a beautiful piece of artwork. We can mother in creative ways and we can learn to turn life into art. But creating art leaves a mess behind. That’s just the way of it. And poetry doesn’t always make sense at first glance. But as our lives unfold, we begin to understand the words are woven together how God wanted them to be, all for His glory.
Motherhood doesn’t always look exactly the same from mother to mother. God has gifted us with the ability to create in different ways; to mother in different ways, while still keeping that running thread of biblical motherhood."~see more at http://www.thebettermom.com/2013/11/08/motherhood-is-art-2/

"We all have our own things—our talents, interests, commitments, priorities. Yours aren’t better than mine, and mine aren’t better than yours. They’re just different.
Why? Because God is fantastically creative, and he gave us each a unique blend of gifts. Trying to do it all is a waste of time. It’s like saying God got it wrong. On the flip side, doing what he created us to do—that’s worship."
“Now there are varieties of gifts, but the same Spirit; and there are varieties of service, but the same Lord; and there are varieties of activities, but it is the same God who empowers them all in everyone,” (1 Corinthians 12:4–6, ESV).
See more at http://www.themominitiative.com/2013/11/13/i-should-not-do-that/


"Are my children imitating a mother that is imitating her Heavenly Father? I pray that I will so vibrantly reflect my Father’s Heart that my children reflect Him as well." See more at http://www.itakejoy.com/mini-me-mini-you/

"Moms, we may not be perfect – but we are destined to make a difference in this world, by raising our kids to know what’s most important. And God is at our side. He is for us. He is with us – always – even in the laundry room." See more at  http://www.incourage.me/2013/11/for-the-mom-who-feels-weary.html

Are my children imitating a mother that is imitating her Heavenly Father? I pray that I will so vibrantly reflect my Father’s Heart that my children reflect Him as well. - See more at: http://www.itakejoy.com/mini-me-mini-you/#sthash.gNZJcPST.dpuf
Are my children imitating a mother that is imitating her Heavenly Father? I pray that I will so vibrantly reflect my Father’s Heart that my children reflect Him as well. - See more at: http://www.itakejoy.com/mini-me-mini-you/#sthash.gNZJcPST.dpuf

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad Aiden's ear is fine. Lunch yesterday was fun! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kristin and yes great seeing you in the live!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also like The Sweet Unfolding on Facebook.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and reading, I hope you found some encouragement! Please feel free to leave a comment, I always love to hear from my readers.