Tuesday, December 31, 2013

New Year!!

As I look back on my New Year's posting from last year  http://ajourney4life.blogspot.com/2012/12/resolutions-anyone.html it is amazing to see how God worked in my life. I am teaching yoga classes again and organizing a mom's ministry for our community. Both of these things have been a blessing for me.

2013 seems to have flown by, it has been a great year, I am blessed more than I deserve. I have a wonderful amazing hard working husband who also puts his family first! I love being Ryan's wife! I have two beautiful smart children, and they make me want to be a better mother each day. We live in a pretty great place, what is really great is we have placed down roots, finally after moving around for 8 years! We have a wonderful church family, that we enjoy spending time with, and I am thankful to all of them. Many of them have been there in prayer, support, and encouragement, definitely has helped deepened my faith. I have a wonderful family and great fiends that I can count on. So for the New Year of 2014 what could I ask for, really nothing that I don't already have. 

My heart desires a deeper relationship with the Lord and I know with that only goodness can flow from it! I want to glorify God in all I do; as a wife, parent, being a friend, serving in ministry, yoga, grocery shopping, just every day living, etc... Now I know that I won't always get it right, thank God for His grace! 
John Piper says it perfectly "When Jesus becomes greater in the world and I become lesser in the world, my joy increases. And when this is the purpose and plan of Jesus himself, it is not egomania. It’s love."

This is the Bible verse I will focus on:

He must become greater; I must become less. - John 3:30 NIV This is the Message version: This is the assigned moment for Him to move into the center, while I slip off to the sidelines. and KJV He must increase, but I must  decrease.


Still my favorite verse I always go to when I worry or don't know what to do: 
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight. - Proverbs 3:5-6
My favorite verse ties together well with my focus verse of the year, I will continue to trust the Lord and seek His wisdom, while Jesus becomes greater in my heart! 

In 2013 I have struggled with a bit of distraction and feeling unbalanced. When I feel like that I realize I do not have my focus or heart prioritized right, therefore I must decrese. I feel one thing that will help with feeling less distracted will be less Facebook, I have been feeling this way the last few months. If I want more of God and to be the best wife, mom, etc...I need to make sure my attention is on them. This year I followed a blog that spoke to my heart and I desire to be more hands-free, maybe you will join me too. http://www.handsfreemama.com/  So I will apologize in advance if I miss something you share on Facebook, I hope instead you will call me with news, send me a personal email/snail-mail or better yet stop by if you live close, I don't want to miss important news. However I will still be writing on my blog (or at least that is the plan), I love sharing our life with my family who lives far away and it is the best way for me to do this. I also love to write and share, it helps me process things on my heart, though not all those things make it on my blog, because not everything in life needs to be shared on the internet. 

I am going to continue to organize and purge things we do not use or need, this really helps clear the mind. This year I am going to try and do some crafting, something I use to enjoy doing before kids and now that they are a little older they will be able to help. Maybe I will share some of those on the blog, that is if they turn out good, because even though I enjoy it, my crafts don't always turn out great! It's a process! I plan on reading lots of books, it is one thing I enjoy when I have quiet time.

Really I am looking forward to 2014 because this year I turn 40!! I know most people dread it, but I am excited, the hubby and I are planning a getaway for my BIRTHDAY, without kids!! I want to be sure to enjoy life to the fullest, God desires that for us too. Every good and perfect gift is from Him and I want to rejoice in it all!

So what will your focus be for 2014? I know some focus on one word, others write goals or do New Year's resolutions. Whatever it is we decide to do, let's encourage one another! 

“Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful. And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.” – Hebrews 10:23-25
Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing. - 1 Thessalonians 5:11


Wishing all my friends and family a wonderful blessed 2014!! 
xoxo
 

2 comments:

  1. I've been feeling the same about Facebook...Hope you and family have a great 2014. Enjoy your 40th!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year to y'all too!! Looking forward to warmer weather soon!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and reading, I hope you found some encouragement! Please feel free to leave a comment, I always love to hear from my readers.