Friday, January 24, 2014

Friday Sharing

A few things I like to share to those stopping by:

I am part of a focus group for a book that will be released later this year called Life By Choice by a christian author. This week we were challenged to answer the following three questions:
1. Are you satisfied with the whole of your life?
2. What greatest prayers/hopes came true?
3. What would you change?
This was really thought provoking, great way to see God at work in my life, and I think a wonderful way to examine your life, which may lead to possible changes you like to make for your future. I can't wait to share more with you.

I finished reading Desparate~Hope for the weary mom. By Sally Clarkson and Sarah Mae. I have so many things to share, this week I will share a few of those:
Sally Clarkson writes "Going at it alone is, without a doubt, one of the most common and effective strategies that satan uses to discourage moms. A woman alone in her home eventually wears down and becomes a perfect target for satan to discourage. Some women have journeyed alone for so long they are not even aware of their urgent need for mentors, friends, peers, and fellowship." 
-we live in an isolationist culture
-we are made for relationships
-God designed families
I couldn't agree more with her, why I am so thankful that a few years ago a mom invited me to MOPS and why I started a moms group in our community.
Ecclesiastes 4:9-10 (NIV)
Two are better than one,
    because they have a good return for their labor:
10 If either of them falls down,
    one can help the other up.
But pity anyone who falls
    and has no one to help them up.

Sally writes "God calls each of us to seek Him, to look for His wisdom and to follow where He calls us by faith, and it will be a different story for each family, marriage, and individual mom and dad. To walk that uncertain line, we must trust that God will be faithful to lead and guide us." "Be yourself, be the best and most excellent and most righteous self you can be but live in the freedom of God's call and design for your life."
Again yes, we must trust HIM and develop discernment. The world we live in is full of evil and we are not of this world, actually thankful for that!
Hebrews 7:19 since the Law made nothing perfect, and a better hope is presented, by which we approach God.

Here are a couple quotes from our book No More Perfect Moms by Jill Savage that we are reading in our moms group.
"It may not be well with my circumstances, but it is well with my soul."
 God does not change.

"The way to "happy " is holiness." 
Romans 15:13 May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.

This is so worth sharing, especially for new moms. I enjoyed reading through it, can so relate to many of them, some great advice. But remember it is only advice. http://lisajobaker.com/2014/01/50-tips-for-new-moms-as-shared-by-you/

This was a good devotion I read this week  If you want things to be different, you’ve got to do things differently. http://proverbs31.org/devotions/devo/things-have-got-to-be-different-this-year/

These are just a few things that God shared with me this week. What did God share with you?


2 comments:

  1. What a great and thoughtful post. I really liked the self examination questions. All I ever wanted was to be a mom and to stay home and raise my children...to provide a real home for the people I love because I did not have a loving home growing up. When I went to the monastery I believed God was asking me to sacrifice my deepest longings. I did not know it at the time but God was granting my hearts joy. I never would have eventually met my husband had I never obeyed and went to the monastery. I am a nobody in the world but He has done great things for me...Bless you for writing this post and reminding me to wear my gratitude on the surface!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you dear friend and our friendship. Those questions spoke so much to me and I am still processing it all. Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and reading, I hope you found some encouragement! Please feel free to leave a comment, I always love to hear from my readers.