Thursday, January 9, 2014

Vision~choosing how to live

This is for part of a focus group for an upcoming book about choosing how to live, we will be focusing on the areas of : self-discipline, health, mothering, living a deeper Christian life, being true to how God made me, and living beyond myself. I can't wait to share more with y'all! 

First challenge is to create a vision board, something I have never done and since I haven't scrap-booked in years and don't have what I need to make a board I am using pinterest and my blog to create it. In my journal I have wrote more details about each area, but these are the verses I chose for each area.

I already have a focus verse that I posted about a couple weeks ago...
My heart desires a deeper relationship with the Lord and I know with that only goodness can flow from it! I want to glorify God in all I do; as a wife, parent, being a friend, serving in ministry, yoga, grocery shopping, just every day living, etc... Now I know that I won't always get it right, thank God for His grace! 
John Piper says it perfectly "When Jesus becomes greater in the world and I become lesser in the world, my joy increases. And when this is the purpose and plan of Jesus himself, it is not egomania. It’s love."

FOCUS VERSE
He must become greater; I must become less. - John 3:30 NIV This is the Message version: This is the assigned moment for Him to move into the center, while I slip off to the sidelines. and KJV He must increase, but I must  decrease.

SELF-DISPLINE


                                                       YOUR GIFTS/PERSONALITY

                                                                         HEALTH
                                                         LIVING BEYOND YOURSELF
                                                                   MOTHERING
 

                                                                  SELF-DISPLINE

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and reading, I hope you found some encouragement! Please feel free to leave a comment, I always love to hear from my readers.