Friday, February 28, 2014

Friday Inspiration

Last Friday of February! Wow, February has flown by! I am still sitting in awe thinking about all of God's blessings last weekend during the Father Daughter Banquet. Not only was the banquet a blessing to many fathers and daughters, it was also a blessing to those helping to put it together. New friendships were made, lots of encouragement, and fun! It is amazing what can be done when we use the gifts God gives us! Again thank you God for providing and blessing me! Psalm 28:7 The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song.

I want to be honest, I am still learning on this journey and I know I will never be perfect here on earth, but God see's me as perfect, knowing that is amazing, what grace! I admit I don't always trust in the Lord, I sometimes worry and I get wrapped up in the distractions or listening to thoughts in my head that are placed by the evil one. God just keeps proving to me over and over how faithful He is. I am learning that sometimes I just need to step back, sit still and listen. I mentioned this to a friend the other day, you know if we would just not get distracted and would stay in-tuned to the present moment we would see God so much more in our everyday lives. He is all around us, so it is back to my focus verse this year that I must press into John 3:30 He must become greater; I must become less. 

Take this example from king David, he had many reasons to give up, but he didn't, he loved the Lord with all His heart and trusted in Him. Psalm 62 speaks to me so much about that. 

1. My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from him. 2 He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will never be shaken. 3 How long will you assault a man? Would all of you throw him down-- this leaning wall, this tottering fence? 4 They fully intend to topple him from his lofty place; they take delight in lies. With their mouths they bless, but in their hearts they curse. "Selah" 5 Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him. 6 He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will not be shaken. 7 My salvation and my honor depend on God; he is my mighty rock, my refuge. 8 Trust in him at all times, O people; pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge. "Selah" 9 Lowborn men are but a breath, the highborn are but a lie; if weighed on a balance, they are nothing; together they are only a breath. 10 Do not trust in extortion or take pride in stolen goods; though your riches increase, do not set your heart on them. 11 One thing God has spoken, two things have I heard: that you, O God, are strong, 12 and that you, O Lord, are loving. Surely you will reward each person according to what he has done.

For me that is being in the Word. This is from a post off of Good Morning Girls (http://www.goodmorninggirls.org/2014/02/mind-focused-heaven/)
"Do we want to grow spiritually?  Then we need to be in the word. Do we want to learn about God’s character? Know the word. Do we want to get better at praying, learn to be a better wife and mother, learn patience and kindness?  Then we must be focused on the word."
“Nobody ever outgrows Scripture; the book widens and deepens with our years.”
- C. H. Spurgeon
Also listening to Christian music and one song I keep listening over and over to is Awake My Soul by Chris Tomlin from Burning Lights. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWpvknKuYrg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and reading, I hope you found some encouragement! Please feel free to leave a comment, I always love to hear from my readers.