Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Best of Friends

This pictures speaks so much to me about friendship. If animals that are opposite in nature can be best friends, then why can't we as people all get along?

I know I am not perfect, there are people I do not get along, but I can say that I do not hate anyone, may just not see eye to eye. I have been guilty of judging people before I even get to know them or assume because they believe in a certain thing or do things differently then we can not be friends. That is not true, that is the evil one using those thoughts to bring disconnect. We know that he would like nothing more then to destroy us, for us to hate one another...but because of God's love for us I know that I am able to love anyone when I rely on that truth and love that God gives us.

1 John 4: 7-9 Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him.
I love the message version of this also: 
My beloved friends, let us continue to love each other since love comes from God. Everyone who loves is born of God and experiences a relationship with God. The person who refuses to love doesn’t know the first thing about God, because God is love—so you can’t know him if you don’t love. This is how God showed his love for us: God sent his only Son into the world so we might live through him. This is the kind of love we are talking about—not that we once upon a time loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as a sacrifice to clear away our sins and the damage they’ve done to our relationship with God.

But Jesus says we are to love one another, John 13: 34-35 “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.”

love your enemies, Luke 6:30 But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked.

and Jesus said most important commandment is to love God and then 2nd is love your neighbor.
Matthew 22:37-39 Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.'  This is the first and greatest commandment.  And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'

When we are filled with God's love we can serve whole-heartedly to our friends/nieghbors. Who our are neighbors? Not just those people living on your street, but those also living in your house, your family, your friends, co-workers, people you run into on the street or running errands.
John 15:13 Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and reading, I hope you found some encouragement! Please feel free to leave a comment, I always love to hear from my readers.