Friday, March 21, 2014

Friday Encourgement!

When I think about my journey and how I came to know Jesus, I am so very thankful that God did not give up on me. I did not grow up having a relationship with Jesus. Didn't do much praying when I was a child or attend church, except during the time when the public school system allowed us to go take a short Wednesday morning class (that's not allowed anymore). (Yes, I was baptized as a baby, Catholic, however that is another story.) I remember both my grandma's praying and attending church. My one grandma always kept her Bible out on the kitchen table and would read it. I realize now those were seeds being planted to bring me to faith in Christ. As I got a little older, teenage years I would journal and write prayers, knowing there was a God. I was far from a perfect teenager, a little rebellious I would say, but God was always watching over me and protecting me! It took going through a divorce and heartache to bring me to my knees to start having a real relationship with Jesus. When I see God working now in situations and little details, I am just in awe of how great His love is for us! He never gives up, keeps on pursuing! I love that and I love sharing it! I had three situation this week that God used to show me His timing is always perfect and to keep trusting that He is working out all the details! 
You don't have to be perfect and you don't have to have it all together to accept Jesus, because God loves you as you are. Romans 5:8 but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.


God has gifted me of being an encourager, part of the reason I started a moms group. I love sharing weekly how Gods speaks to me through the Word, books or blogs I read. Here are some from this week:
He is your Father. He loves you. And He would do anything for you. http://www.incourage.me/2014/03/how-god-feels-about-you.html

Prayer really does change things.



Choosing love is always a success in God’s eyes–no matter the outcome or response. http://holleygerth.com/a-no-fail-plan-for-whatever-you-face-today/

The question I have to ask myself often, is for what purpose did God rescue and remake me? http://jenthorn.com/blog/2014/3/13/krv3muabs50v149vwxlq0s7dia7unb

1 comment:

  1. Thank u for sharing maybe I'll be brave enough to share mine one day. I have a lot of similarities with you I mean a lot. Maybe I was. Mors rebellious. I had a hard break up just a bf but it hurt me enough to just enough to give up and go in a bad direction.... But I wouldn't change one thing about all my experiences because I'm here now with a amazing family and new amazing friends... With a connection with Jesus and a beautiful church with loving and caring people... Also my mom's connect group...... @c

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and reading, I hope you found some encouragement! Please feel free to leave a comment, I always love to hear from my readers.