Friday, March 14, 2014

Heart Issues

I tend to guard my heart and don't let too many people in.That I know is a fault and it is something that I am working on through on my journey. Call it being bullied in high school, call it having your heart ripped by your ex-husband, call it a person whom I thought was a dear friend betray you, etc... and I am guessing there are others too that have dealt with issues like this or similar...But one thing I do know for sure is that God's plan are always better and He heals the broken-hearted. God will also convict your heart to forgive those that have hurt you too and it is through Him that I am able to do that. It is when I look at the life of Jesus and what He did for me on the cross. I am not perfect, I have faults and sure have done things that have hurt people, but I am so thankful for that forgiveness and grace we receive in Christ. These are some great scriptures that have helped during difficult times.

Psalms 147:3 He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds. 
Psalm 34:18 The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. 
Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 
Psalm 34:18 The Lord is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit. 
Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.

My flesh still gets in the way sometimes and it doesn't help that I am an introvert either and struggle with anxiety (but thankful over the years I have reduced it) but when I rely on God to work on me in my weakness it is when I can shine for Him. Also a little yoga and lavender oil help me too! But nothing compared to time spent with my Lord, praying, worshiping or reading the Word.

I think these are some great posts worth sharing if you are struggling in something:

Finding grace when they're driving you crazy.... http://www.graceuncommon.com/finding-grace/


The Christian life in general, and motherhood in particular, is a call to endure, even when it’s not easy. But this is not a hopeless and helpless trudging through life. God always gives us hope in the middle of hard things. As I think about motherhood, I am reminded of what God offers to us as we seek to be faithful. http://www.itakejoy.com/the-hard-work-of-motherhood/

You won't here me complain much about motherhood, because I rather be an encourager...that is not to say there are some days when it is...but this....http://momsmustardseeds.com/2014/03/being-a-mom-isnt-hard/


Sometimes I wonder if we as Christians make things harder than they really need to be. http://nataliesnapp.com/2014/03/10/simplifying-faith-love-well-project-conclusion/

The Christian life in general, and motherhood in particular, is a call to endure, even when it’s not easy. But this is not a hopeless and helpless trudging through life. God always gives us hope in the middle of hard things. As I think about motherhood, I am reminded of what God offers to us as we seek to be faithful. - See more at: http://www.itakejoy.com/the-hard-work-of-motherhood/#sthash.2ibOpxvn.dpuf
The Christian life in general, and motherhood in particular, is a call to endure, even when it’s not easy. But this is not a hopeless and helpless trudging through life. God always gives us hope in the middle of hard things. As I think about motherhood, I am reminded of what God offers to us as we seek to be faithful. - See more at: http://www.itakejoy.com/the-hard-work-of-motherhood/#sthash.2ibOpxvn.dpuf
The Christian life in general, and motherhood in particular, is a call to endure, even when it’s not easy. But this is not a hopeless and helpless trudging through life. God always gives us hope in the middle of hard things. As I think about motherhood, I am reminded of what God offers to us as we seek to be faithful. - See more at: http://www.itakejoy.com/the-hard-work-of-motherhood/#sthash.2ibOpxvn.dpuf

2 comments:

  1. I love this blog... I too deal with a lot of things u talked. Especially anxiety. I have gad and ppd. When I moved her one year ago I just had my daughter and never felt a anxiety like this.... Too much was going onand I really tbthought I couldn't do it... I couldn't make a like here I couldn't make friend at almost 30...adding on this is the Bible belt.... Which I had no idea where to start all I knew if I believe in God felt God and the reason why I moved because I knew God wanted me Tooo.... Now a year later.... Happy a lot of days... Great friends some easy to know but some hard and it's so worth the try for me. I forced myself to step out the box for me and my family. I joined a church and amazing mom's group and just woke up and said today I will look forward to something even if it's my favorite cereal lol.... I still had bad days and days when I still feel alone and I let the anxiety control me... But I'm hungry for God and beautiful Christian relationships with woman who come from all over with different stories one thing I do know is we can do it alone and need to have faith that God has all are. Plans and he never forgot us..... When the student is ready the teacher will appear..... I didn't spell check so good luck

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can so relate to how you felt about making friends after moving, been there a few times too many, but God's plans are always better and I love how He brought us together!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and reading, I hope you found some encouragement! Please feel free to leave a comment, I always love to hear from my readers.