Friday, March 21, 2014

Super Easy DIY Laundry Soap and Dishwasher Soap

It took me 10 minutes to make the following:

Easy Laundry Soap:
1 bar of Fels-Naptha or Ivory Soap (I use Ivory Soap)
2 cup Arm & Hammer Super Washing Soda
2 cup Borax

I grate my soap in a small pail and then put in container I be using (I am recycle using coffee containers is perfect), then add the washing soda and borax and mix all together.

When using add 1/8 cup to 1/4 cup depending on how soiled clothes are to washing machine.

Optional:  Too a batch add 1 tsp of essential oils and mix in, or add a 1-2 drops into 1/4 cup as you add to washing machine. Or if you are using the household thieves cleaner a capful. http://www.youngliving.com/en_US/products/home/natural-cleaning

Dishwasher Detergent:
2 cups washing soda
2 cups borax
25 drops of grapefruit essential oil, I used Young Living lemon EO.

I put on rubber gloves and mix all together. Again I used a coffee container to store in.

When using add 2 tbsp per wash, also add 1 tsp vinegar if you like spot free on your glass/silverware.

Here is a pic, nothing fancy, maybe someday I will find some cute inexpensive containers to use. It is just pennies per use, so saving $$ and I know what is in my detergent!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and reading, I hope you found some encouragement! Please feel free to leave a comment, I always love to hear from my readers.