Tuesday, April 8, 2014

CHOSEN, ROYAL, HOLY, SPECIAL!

We are Chosen, Royal, Holy, Special!

It was character day at school last week, so my children were to choose a fairy-tale or nursery rhyme character to dress up as. My son, likes spider-man, so he decided to dress up like him. My daughter a princess. I love that they decided to be a hero and a beautiful character. I love their imaginations! I encourage them to imagine, as that is where dreams are made of. But this got me thinking about what God thinks of us and what I want my children to know.

My son chose to be a hero, as that is what spider-man is. Who is our real hero? Jesus is mine! I don't know anyone that would be willing to sacrifice their life for all the people in the world.

My daughter likes anything princess, dressing up as one and watching them. Personally fairy-tale princesses were something I really never liked, I have never liked getting dressed up, doing make-up or hair. Anyhow, when I think of princesses and princes (not fairy-tale type), we are all princesses or princes of the King Jesus, Lord of Lords! That is what I have been teaching my daughter ever since she started liking princesses. When you ask my daughter if she is a princess she will tell you that she is a princess of KING JESUS! I have also explained to her that these princess stories are not real just pretend/ fairy tales, but there is a story that is real, tells us we are royalty and that is the Word of God, the one and only living Word, the Bible.

The Bible tells us that we are....

But you are a CHOSEN people, a ROYAL priesthood, a HOLY nation, God's SPECIAL possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light.~1 Peter 2:9

For you are a people HOLY to the Lord your God. The Lord your God has CHOSE YOU out of all the peoples on the face of the earth to be his people, his TREASURED possession.~Deuteronomy 7:6


What I want my children to know is they don't need to look to things or people in this world to give them worth, to compare themselves or ever feel that they are not good enough. That their worth does not come from anything of this world, but instead what God has made them to be!! CHOSEN, ROYAL, HOLY and SPECIAL!!
Oh how sweet and beautiful it is to know this!!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and reading, I hope you found some encouragement! Please feel free to leave a comment, I always love to hear from my readers.