Friday, April 18, 2014

Friday Blessings

I am thankful for beautiful warm sunshine, songs that ignite my spirit, my faith, God always loving faithfulness, the love of family, cards received in the mail, children's laughter and hugs, puppy dog kisses, sushi, husband's love and his ability to make something out of scraps, mom time, coffee, but most importantly my salvation!

I Corinthians 15:55-58:

“Where, O death, is your victory?
   Where, O death, is your sting?”

The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law.
 But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.

Those are just some of the wonderful blessings I received this week, it is what helps me change my perspective when I am feeling sadness. What are your thankful for, what has God blessed you with this week?

For everything God created is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving,  because it is consecrated by the word of God and prayer.~1Timothy 4:4-5


Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever.~1 Chronicles 16:34


I will give thanks to the LORD because of his righteousness and will sing praise to the name of the LORD Most High.~Psalm 7:17


The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song.~Psalm 28:7


Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name.~Psalm 100:4


Praise the LORD. Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever.~Psalm 106:1


In that day you will say: "Give thanks to the LORD, call on his name; make known among the nations what he has done, and proclaim that his name is exalted.~Isaiah 12:4


Here is some worthwhile reading this week: 

This is just so beautiful and will make you cry..."And I struggle to let Him in. I struggle to let in my God, the one here, right here–but whom I ask (when I remember), to stay close, to keep up. I’ve got a lot to do and I want to do it with Him and the day is going by so fast and the list of things to do is long and the kids are almost home. Has this been a good day, Father? Can you show me what it means to have a good day?" http://youaremygirls.com/2014/04/17/what-it-means-to-have-a-good-day/



A faith leap is stepping out of your own comfort zone into the hands of God. http://thehumbledhomemaker.com/2014/04/do-you-need-to-take-a-faith-leap.html

Most of our growth in godliness does not take place in the extraordinary moments in life, but in the everyday joys, hardships, and mundane tasks. I know that I have the ability for remarkable growth if I will just learn to think more intentionally about what God is or might be doing in and around me. I'm trying to keep this in mind throughout this week. http://jenthorn.com/blog/2014/4/14/set-your-mind-on-christ-today

He sent His one and only Son into the world that we might live through Him, has come the Spirit whisper to say yes more often. - See more at: http://www.itakejoy.com/say-yes/#sthash.frPKwCWG.dpuf

Jesus changes everything. He changes our identity. He changes our hope. He changes our perspective. He changes our desires. He changes our grieving. He changes our joy. He changes our lives from the inside out. All by His grace. http://tooverflowing.com/jesus-changes-everything/

The first step in that process is suffering. Loss is a part of life. We’ll all endure hardship and heartache on this side of heaven. When we suffer, we have two choices: press on or give up. Jim Rohn once said, “We all must suffer from one of two pains: the pain of discipline or the pain of regret.” http://holleygerth.com/finding-hope-in-unexpected-places/

I still get it wrong. I still have to apologize and ask forgiveness. I am still messy me. But I still keep saying yes. http://wearethatfamily.com/2014/04/saying-yes-in-my-mess/



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and reading, I hope you found some encouragement! Please feel free to leave a comment, I always love to hear from my readers.