Friday, April 11, 2014

Friday Spring Break Week

Our week started out rough as we lost our furry family member, Bear. We also started potty training little man on Monday, which has gone well, though it does require patience and being persistent in this process. This relates to my journey in faith, there are times when I have gone through trials, struggles, and loss. But God is always good and sometimes I just need to be patient to see the good come from those times and at the same time I need to be persistent in my faith, building it and keeping my focus on all the wonderful blessings. Thankful our week ended on a happy note, Aidan hasn't had any accidents last two days and we adopted a new fur baby to our family! So now we continue to potty train, but now it is a dog, named Zeke!

This week these posts filled me with encouragement and inspiration:

God always answers prayers...the night before I read this I prayed about this exact thing she asked God for, that same night I had a dream about Bear and then in the morning I read this.... http://www.spirituallyunequalmarriage.com/my_weblog/2014/04/thegentleandastonishingmessageinthesnow.html

Needed this..."Some days our plans just don’t come to fruition. All that we expected and looked forward to goes awry. We struggle and push forward only to fall back down again". http://www.toshowthemjesus.com/2014/a-prayer-for-the-disappointed-heart/


This made me so thankful for friendships...Proverbs 31:25, “She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come.” But sometimes it takes a friend to bring us back to the place where we can live this verse.  http://proverbs31.org/devotions/devo/the-day-i-lost-my-smile/
Proverbs 31:25, “She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come.” But sometimes it takes a friend to bring us back to the place where we can live this verse. - See more at: http://proverbs31.org/devotions/devo/the-day-i-lost-my-smile/#sthash.gUeOaq9G.dpuf

"Do you ever feel overlooked by the world? Take heart – we are handpicked by God. I am not just doing tasks. I am building a legacy. I am shaping God’s Kingdom. I am in the process of not only discovering my calling but that of my family as well. And I don’t know about you, but it sure does make me look at my everyday tasks (yes, even the smelly laundry) in a whole different light." http://proverbs31.org/devotions/devo/if-youre-feeling-overlooked-and-unappreciated/

My children are always teaching me and especially this week during potty training and the loss of our dog. Seeing how my children handled it, encourages me. My daughter broke down and cried, as well as I have. However when I explained to her where Bear is, she was then OK and now asks me what he is doing in Heaven and what it is like. I love that she is asking those questions, though at the same time my heart breaks for our loss here on earth, but I know and she must see it too, just how magnificent Heaven is!! So this was perfect read this week..."No one can enter the kingdom unless they become like a child. Well, what are children like?" http://jenthorn.com/blog/2014/4/3/faithlikeachild
Truly, I say to you, unless you turn and become like children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.Whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 18:3-4


This list provided me with some laughter and glad I am not the only one. 100 Ways To Know You Are A Mom... http://lisajobaker.com/2014/04/100-ways-you-know-youre-a-mom/
100 ways you know you’re a mom

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and reading, I hope you found some encouragement! Please feel free to leave a comment, I always love to hear from my readers.