Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Journey to being transformed from the inside out through the love of God!



For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life.~John 3:16

Reading through when Jesus knew His time was coming to an end on earth, is full of encouragement. He prayed for us, He showed us how to live, He lived perfectly and made a way for us to live with Him forever.


Before Jesus left the earth He served the disciples, His friends, humbled himself before them, showing love by washing their feet.(John 13:1-17) Serving others humbles us and not only blesses others, but blesses us too. I have experienced this many times over, but it does take self-sacrifice and relying on God fully, it is not something I could do myself. That is the thing about being a part of God's family, you have the Holy Spirit working in you to transform you and mold you into the imagine of Jesus.

Jesus said to the disciples~ "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world.”~John 16:33 To me that is reassuring, Jesus knew the things that we would endure. Oh how He cared by preparing and encouraging them and us!

Then he shared truth and encouragement with the disciples. Asking protection for them from the evil one and made them holy by sanctification. (John 17: 6-19)

Oh how sweet, His words to save us~Jesus prayer to God~
John 17:1-5 After Jesus said this, he looked toward heaven and prayed:“Father, the hour has come.Glorify your Son, that your Son may glorify you. For you granted him authority over all people that he might give eternal life to all those you have given him. Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent. I have brought you glory on earth by finishing the work you gave me to do. And now, Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began.

God loves us more then we can understand. He gives grace, (I don't know about you but I sure need it!), He knows us completely, He made a way for us to live with Him and have eternal life!(John 3:16)
Trust Him, Believe Him, and let Him transform you into the person He made you to be!

reposted from http://www.treasuring-christ.org




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and reading, I hope you found some encouragement! Please feel free to leave a comment, I always love to hear from my readers.