Thursday, April 17, 2014

Living Beyond Yourself



Living Beyond Yourself
Sow goodness, reap goodness, and it will be a blessing in return!

Galatians 6: 7-9 Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. The one who sows to please his sinful nature, from that nature will reap destruction; the one who sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life. Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.

I am asking myself am I living beyond yourself? To be honest NOT ALL the time, I sometimes fail (yep I am not perfect and thankful that God doesn’t expect it, that is why He sent Jesus) at making something happen or going that extra mile or I get caught up in my own flesh. I use excuses, have fears or get distracted. But the main thing is because I didn’t have my eyes set on the things above and hearing God’s will. In order to life my faith, I need to be in the Word, have a relationship with my Lord and it needs to be daily! Ask God, to fill me with His power, His strength, His wisdom to do the things that I cannot do, so that they can be done!

Nothing can fill us the way that the love of Christ can, God fill me, lead me!~ But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life. – John 4:14

When an opportunity arises to serve or help someone, we have to overcome those and hear the voice of God tell us what to do. God does not give us fears; He gives us grace, fills our needs, and loves us more than I can wrap my mind around. Jesus lived this great example on earth for us,
even to His death. Jesus was patient, gave grace, loved all, served with a servant heart!

John 15:13 Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends.

Let go of the distractions, the worries and trust God to handle them, He already said He will. Keep your focus on Jesus in your everyday living, you will be surprised how many opportunities God presents you with. People in your family, your next door neighbors, driving down the road, grocery shopping, picking up kids at school, at gym, work, etc...
 Sow goodness, reap goodness, and it will be a blessing in return!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and reading, I hope you found some encouragement! Please feel free to leave a comment, I always love to hear from my readers.