Wednesday, April 2, 2014

My Journey in Faith and Knowing God

All it takes is one little seed of faith!
 Though it is the smallest of all seeds, yet when it grows, it is the largest of garden plants and becomes a tree, so that the birds come and perch in its branches.
 
As I think about my journey and how I came to know Jesus, I am so very thankful that God did not give up on me. I did not grow up having a relationship with Jesus. Didn’t do much praying when I was a child or attend church, except during the time when the public school system allowed us to go take a short Wednesday morning class (those are not allowed anymore). (Yes, I was baptized as a baby, Catholic, however that is another story.) I remember both my grandma’s praying and attending church. My one grandma always kept her Bible out on the kitchen table and would read it. Oh how I miss her wisdom! I realize now those were seeds (Matthew 13:32) being planted to bring me to faith in Christ. As I got a little older, teenage years I would journal and write prayers, knowing there was a God. I was far from a perfect teenager, a little rebellious I would say, but God was always watching over me and protecting me! It took going through a divorce and heartache to bring me to my knees to start having a real relationship with Jesus. I realize God was always there with me in those moments, I just failed to recognize it, since I didn’t have a relationship with Him.

Yes God is pursuing me, but if I don’t reach out to get to know Him, I will miss out on so much, not just being saved and having eternal life with Him (which I can’t even imagine how awesome that is going to be when I meet Him face-to-face), but also miss out on knowing who He is and what He did for me personally!

After crying out to God to help me, to bring me peace I started going to church on my own to hear and study God’s Word with others. I spent time with God, reading a Bible my grandmother gave me. I journaled and talked to God daily, and starting doing devotionals. To this day I still continue those things. It is a relationship, just like you would have with anybody you know. You ask questions, you seek them out, and you share with them, that is how you get to know someone, same with God. Matthew7:7-8 Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.  For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.

Do I have any regrets of my journey so far? To read the rest visit me over at  http://www.treasuring-christ.org/my-journey-in-faith-and-knowing-god/ and while you are there check out the other inspiring bloggers and their posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and reading, I hope you found some encouragement! Please feel free to leave a comment, I always love to hear from my readers.