Friday, May 16, 2014

Friday Blessings!

Each and every day I find it so important to count my blessings and give thanks to the Lord for all His goodness. It is what keeps me from drowning in this world we live in. I see people going through difficult times, sickness, death, depression, etc... and my heart aches for them. One thing I remember is God's promises, His Hope and the inheritance He gives each of  us (as long as we accept it). Those blessings, which are from God, fill me with so much joy! My husband, my children, family, friends, hot coffee, ice cream, beautiful sunrises, calm peaceful nights, flowers, moms coming together, smiling faces, laughter, gentle rain, hugs, colored pictures, books, homemade scones...those are just a few of the blessings I am thankful for! As I think about blessings I receive, I also want to bless others, and do you know how easy it is if each of us did something every day for someone else, how much that shows love of God! A few weeks ago someone dropped of donuts at my house and do you know how much that meant to me, a lot! Just giving someone a hug, bring a meal to someone, buy someone a coffee, leave change at a vending machine or sending a card is doing something. There are big things we can do too, but when you can't do a big thing, just a little thing can make a change! I heard a wonderful story last week shared in our Sunday school class, how someone shared a meal with a kid who had nothing, who is one of those who would probably label trouble child, but that one meal turned in to more meals and conversations, and now that boy is now a man with a family who turned himself around, first one to go to college in his family and get a good job to support his family, he broke the generational cycle. Now his children are out there starting to make a difference! Wow! It just started with one meal. Really makes me see how much I can do and don't do, and need to do!

This week we wrapped up our Moms Connect group. I am very thankful for Moms Connect, something that God placed on my heart over a year ago, though at first I was very reluctant and worried how it would all come together. I can say today, God did it, all glory to Him (sorry I worried at times God). I have learned so much from these moms that attend and those that serve on the team, I am so blessed by them all.  If you don't know what Moms Connect is, it is time for moms to connect with one another and study God’s Word in an encouraging supportive environment.We meet once a month during the school year and have moms nights out and play-dates with our kids. We also give back to our community through serving and donations. This year we provided many donations, helped other moms, one mom became saved, others grew in their faith, and built friendships. It is truly wonderful to see God's hand in this all. If you like more information about attending or serving on the team, please contact me! Planning has already started for next season, and I am so excited and can't wait to see what God has planned for us!! We will be going through the book More Than A Good Bible Study Girl, by Lysa Terkeurst and our theme is Pour In, Pour Out!! 

Few posts from this week worth reading:


A courageous person is one who is willing to say I might get hurt, but I’m loving them anyway. I might get stepped on, but I’m stepping out in faith. - See more at: http://timewarpwife.com/?p=3132#sthash.5awklzJX.dpuf

What would this world be like if each of us, in our own little parts of this bright, blue ball we call Earth, decided to love deeply? - See more at:  http://www.itakejoy.com/i-want-to-love-deeply/

Dear Lord, thank You for the gift of friendship. Please show me who I can encourage today. In Jesus’ Name, Amen. - See more at: http://proverbs31.org/devotions/devo/the-5-best-things-to-say-to-a-friend-today/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and reading, I hope you found some encouragement! Please feel free to leave a comment, I always love to hear from my readers.