Friday, June 6, 2014

What a week!!

This week has been busy with children activities, cleaning, family fun, painting, and research!

This kids started swim lessons this week and Aidan had a couple t-ball games also. They hubby spent some time on the golf course with our neighbor. Abigail and I had mommy daughter pedi's. I painted pottery with a friend this week. Oh and the hubby and I had two date nights this week! Movie night and garage cleaning party, after the kids went to bed! Some of you may not think those are date nights, but when we have time to ourselves without the kids it is!

Oh and yes, research, after much prayer and discussion, our family has decided to homeschool. I can share with you the many reasons why, but will save that for another time. However, feel free to ask. This week I spent a couple hours with a friend that home schools and received some helpful information, that helped put me at ease! I also asked a couple other friends some questions and those ladies started a homeschool group for our town as we didn't have one, however there is a group in Murray and Paducah. Would you believe in two days there were 23 home school moms that joined and it is still growing and that is just our area. I know a few homschool moms in the two towns around us, plus a few railroad moms that homeschool and friends from when I lived in Texas. We have started turning the toy room into part of a homeschool room and I have started researching curriculum. There are so many! Right now it will just be Abigail and Aidan will join in when he wants. He will continue going to preschool, as we love our preschool! So right now I am determining which curriculum would be best for us. I feel Abigail is between kindergarten and first grade level. I have three that I really like. Christian Light, Classical (from Well-Trained Mind & Peace Hill), Classical Teacher from Memoria Press and also just started looking into My Father's World and A Beka, so I guess you could say five. So if anyone has used any of these or has any input, love to hear any and all feedback, good and bad.

Here are some pictures of our week:
 Homeschool research!
 Starting to put together our homeschool room. 
So glad this old family dining room table is being used again! 

Aidan waiting on 2nd base!

                  Mommy and daughter pedi's! Love Color of Light!!


Here are some inspiring blog posts from some of my favorite bloggers worth passing along:


This is radical living my friends.  You don’t have to go away to be radical but you DO have to do something! http://womenlivingwell.org/2014/06/radical-women-living-well/


To the world you might just be one person, but to one person you might just be the world. - See more at: http://www.itakejoy.com/i-take-joy/


The jewel of kindness, the soft and hard side… http://jenthorn.com/blog/2014/6/3/the-jewel-of-kindness


Needed this! Yes so true, when we go to the Lord and trust in Him completely, He will give us the peace we need and assurance that He has it! He has gone before us! So be confident, don't worry, and never take your eyes of the One who has given us life and blessed us! http://www.treasuring-christ.org/assurance-not-insurance/

 

1 Corinthians 2:9–10 says, However, as it is written, ‘No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him,’ but God has revealed it to us by his Spirit.
If you give Him your mind, He’ll blow your mind. He will never cease to astound you. As much capacity for brilliance as you have, when the Spirit of the Living God gets ahold of you, He will do more than your eyes have seen, more than your ears have ever heard, and more than your mind could ever make up. That is what God has prepared for those who love Him with all of their hearts and all of their souls and all of their minds. giving God your mind and letting Him renew it www.faithgateway.com/captivated-mind/#.U42zpiimVUY




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and reading, I hope you found some encouragement! Please feel free to leave a comment, I always love to hear from my readers.