Friday, August 22, 2014

Friday and blessings!!

We started out the week on Sunday being witness to several baptism's, two friends on Sunday morning and several other church family that evening at the lake! So this week I am just thinking about all the blessings in my life, that last few weeks before have been so busy, to the point I was feeling overwhelmed and I had not been feeling good and that is when I tend to forget to thank God. I finished medicine for an infection I had, CT scan was clear, and I also don't have to go back to the dermatologist for a year!! Plus I won a $100 Amazon gift card, the book lover in me is excited!! Some say it is luck, but I don't believe in luck, these are blessings from God! God is good all the time, I just sometimes forget to count those blessings and thank Him. We are to thank Him in ALL things!! Those lessons I am learning during those difficult times, is for me to slow down, to follow God's will, not my own.

1 Thessalonians 5:18... give thanks in ALL circumstances; 
for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.

We had a short week for school this week as we had family from out of state visiting. That is one plus to homeschooling! Being able to adjust your schedule when needed. We stick to a pretty regular school schedule but it is nice to have that option when needed to do extra on a day or school on a day we wouldn't normally do. Last Saturday we got in some extra science by watching the Science Guy and Animal Tales program at Marina Days. Both kids learned some new things and it made great discussion! Thursday night we attended a homeschool desert social, so we got to meet some other homeschool families and learn about more opportunities available. I am thankful to be living where we are, as we have a large network of homeschool families and activities for the children to partake in. Abigail also had her first horsemanship/riding lessons. She brushed the horse, started to learn how to guide the horse and balance on a horse, I was so impressed! Aidan played in the dirt while he waited for big sister to be done with her lesson. Aidan was star of the week this week at preschool. He had show and tell and of course the boy brought one of his John Deere tractors to show, special snack day, and today the class bear comes home for the weekend, to have adventures with us!

Some snapshots of the week:
 Kids and boots!                                                          Peter cat loves Abigail!

Cleaning garage and yard work! 

Baptism's at the lake!
 Abigail's horse lessons!



Aidan and the barn cat!



My recommended reads this week:

For real. Don’t let these fifteen things take away from your awesomeness. Enjoy. And remember – there is no perfect – just real. http://findingjoy.net/15-things-that-dont-define-motherhood/

What if we decided to believe that everyone is doing their very best given their situation, their faith (or lack thereof), and their circumstances at that particular moment in time? http://tooverflowing.com/a-mindset-that-could-change-our-relationships/




There is a cost to following Jesus; pay it. You’ll be so glad you did. http://jenhatmaker.com/blog/2014/08/18/a-note-to-my-former-self-and-the-interrupted-link-up

Holiness is about making excellent choices. http://joyfilleddays.com/how-to-be-holy-when-you-wake-up-grumpy/

Mundane is quiet. It’s humble. It doesn’t shout from a corner “Hey! Look at me! I’m awesome!” but rather sits silently, contributing more than we know until suddenly it isn’t there anymore. http://nataliesnapp.com/2014/08/21/finding-joy-mundane/


For moms who feel like they are not doing enough, that they are failing… http://www.themobsociety.com/2014/07/17/extraordinary-life-bitsofbrooke/



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and reading, I hope you found some encouragement! Please feel free to leave a comment, I always love to hear from my readers.