Friday, August 29, 2014

Friday Goodness


This week at home, we are finishing up week four of school. I have to say I love about every moment of it. Sitting and reading, talking about the stories and the different subjects. I am learning right along with her. Abigail is also loving it too! She has learned so much already...we enjoy the reading and discussion. We read a Bible story everyday, memorize a weekly Bible verse, read stories and poems. Last week we finished up The Boxcar Children, so we ordered the movie and can't wait to watch it. This week we started Dolphin Adventures, so she is learning about dolphins and scuba diving, so next we will watch Dolphin Tales and I just found out Dolphin Tales Two is coming out and they have a homeschool curriculum to go with it! I know excitement that only homeschoolers would get! She is  learning about Roman history and living from thousands of years ago. Science has been full of learning about seasons, weather, volcanoes, earthquakes, frogs, and horses. We are doing a time-line and refer to our map many times throughout our lessons to see where things are taking place or have taken place. The homeschool journey has been an answered prayer and a wonderful journey. I know there will be times of frustration, but for our family it is the best choice for schooling for us!

Aidan will be starting T-ball again soon and is super excited! So be watching for those fun photos and craziness. Because anyone that has watched or helped with toddler t-ball knows it can be crazy unpredictable!


This truly is one of our highlights each week, both my kids loves, right here captured in these photos:
 Abigail riding horse.
Aidan playing in dirt while Abigail has her lessons.

Also this week I have been enjoying a mini break from all the posts on Facebook. Now I have been on, but only to check into my groups. Sometimes you just need inspiration and quiet, and by not going through my news-feed that really did cut down on the clutter. There are so many different kinds of post I see in my news-feed and I know that would be the same with most of you, some inspiring, some encouragement, some people sharing good news and others not so good news, people needing prayer, the news and that is well mostly not good news, business postings, some drama, however I stay clear of of that, etc... So I have to ask myself what do I really need to know? When I first started using Facebook it was so I could keep in touch with long distance friends and family and I still use it for that, but now there is so much more to it! The majority of it is not things that I need to know but it is nice to know, and there is lots of good things shared and I too love sharing, but really I don't need to clutter my already distracted brain with so much, so cutting down on scrolling is helpful for me. I need my focus to be on what God has called me to do and be. The most important calling is my family, my husband and children, teaching and training my children the way God wants me to do, and the people God has placed in my life, people near me, my friends, and the ministry He has placed on my heart to do in our community.  God has given us people, each other, He wants us to have relationships with each other, with Him. We need to put God first and when we do that, everything else falls into place. I haven't been so good with that lately, probably why I feel a bit off balanced. I do think less of certain things, definitely means more important things! So I pray for God to show me that. I know I still won't always get it right, but God is patient. He waits for each one of us!
2 Peter 3:9 The Lord isn't really being slow about his promise, as some people think. No, he is being patient for your sake. He does not want anyone to be destroyed, but wants everyone to repent.

Here are some inspiration reads from this week (I know a lot, but have had more time to read, hmm....) and a song on repeat:


“Your love is
Like radiant diamonds
Bursting inside us
We cannot contain
Your love will
Surely come find us
Like blazing wildfires
Singing your name
God of mercy
Sweet love of mine
I have surrendered to your design
may this offering stretch across the sky
And these hallelujahs be multiplied.” http://youtu.be/VGrmmQGaOCI



While your great influence in their lives is significant, it is crucial that you remember to rest in the love of Christ, knowing that at the end of the day, He is in charge. http://www.itakejoy.com/remembering-that-i-am-not-god/


Christ-followers don’t have a certainty to sell —- we have a certainty who saves, and His name is Jesus. The absolute certainty we have is the Truth of Jesus — and He welcomes us into living the humble and complex nuances of a servant Faith. http://www.aholyexperience.com/2014/08/when-youre-trying-to-live-faith-grace-in-a-black-white-world/

Anyone knows me, they know I always say...just breathe…a great read…http://www.maryannemorganblog.com/musings/just-breathe/


The definition of radical is “relating to or affecting the fundamental nature of something; far-reaching or thorough.” http://nataliesnapp.com/2014/08/26/feel-like-arent-radical-enough/
Christianity is the only hope for this broken world because there’s no other way for the broken to get the Nails they need to rebuild. That’s what this week needs, that’s all this week needs most: More than needing schedules and productivity, this week will need a Savior and prayer.God’s not asking me to produce– He’s asking me to pray.
God’s not asking me to climb ladders — He’s asking me to kneel and let go.
http://www.aholyexperience.com/2014/08/what-every-hard-week-ahead-of-you-needs/
Changing the world seems daunting, but God has been showing me it’s about making a difference where I am – in my kitchen, around my table, at my kids’ school, in the check-out lane at the grocery, in my car when other drivers can’t even hear me, and wherever else I step in this small town I call home. We don’t have to travel across the ocean or speak multiple languages – although that’s fine too. http://www.kristinhilltaylor.com/2014/08/light-living-learning.html
And I’m discovering that when we stop striving there’s finally room for grace. http://holleygerth.com/theres-something-know/

This homeschool journey is not for everyone. God creatively calls each family to educate their children differently. I hope and pray that all mothers whether homeschool, public school, college, university, or private school would support each other. http://www.themominitiative.com/2014/08/24/schooling/



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and reading, I hope you found some encouragement! Please feel free to leave a comment, I always love to hear from my readers.