Friday, August 8, 2014

Friday!!

Today we finish our first week of homeschooling this week!




She loves reading, writing, but I do believe art, science and math seem to be her favorite subjects. She likes to present information and is memorizing Bible verses. She has been giving us Bible lessons. 
Aidan joined us part of one day and did a preschool worksheet. But he has been having a busy week helping dad in the yard. He told me he like farm work! Aidan officially starts preschool next week!


This week has really been for me, inspiring and I am doing what I have been called and love it! Not only am I teaching, but also learning along the way! Building a deeper relationship with my child and seeing her learn is something I love! Haven't been on Facebook as much, and really is it a good thing! I love to get rid of it entirely but it is one way I do keep in touch with friends, the MOM group and homeschooling groups, plus I catch up on some the news I may miss out on. So not something I can give up entirely. I have been able to read more, which I missed. Currently reading Blue Skies and The Case for Faith, which is actually very interesting. It is really a book for those doubters, but I find it interesting how he tackles skeptics and proves over and over again. The hubs and I watched Heaven Is For Real and God's Not Dead, both must see movies!

Here are some blogs I read this week worth sharing.
Fav homeschool articles:
For the love, we are not weird or unsocialized, love this… http://www.weirdunsocializedhomeschoolers.com/top-5-ways-to-ensure-that-your/


When it comes to those who find it strange that we homeschool, or those who are a bit suspicious of it, I don’t hold anything against them. Because I don’t think it is for everyone. I think it’s worth looking into and evaluating as a possible option, but it’s not something that can work for every family. For those who can, homeschooling is a big commitment and shouldn’t be taken lightly. http://www.toshowthemjesus.com/2014/before-you-consider-homeschool/


When I see that the first day is their day, I begin to understand that the first day might just be the day when I learn the most. http://www.itakejoy.com/the-first-day-never-goes-as-planned/


Inspiring articles:
He will prepare you to do what He has prepared for you from the beginning. Before the foundations of the earth were made and the seas were drawn, He set you apart to do good works. http://www.graceuncommon.com/how-you-can-be-brave/

You can further the Gospel of Jesus Christ in chains as well as in freedom. When your mind is God-centered, the circumstances barely matter. A mind, fixed on Christ, experiences God's perfect peace. http://joyfilleddays.com/when-god-gives-you-trials-when-you-asked-for-tiaras-and-truffles/


As we reflect on the Word of God today, we need to ask ourselves “Where does our hope come from?” “What are we placing our hope in?” http://www.treasuring-christ.org/hope-defined/



Jesus said, “Here’s another way to put it: You’re here to be light, bringing out the God-colors in the world. God is not a secret to be kept. We’re going public with this, as public as a city on a hill. If I make you light-bearers, you don’t think I’m going to hide you under a bucket, do you? I’m putting you on a light stand. Now that I’ve put you there on a hilltop, on a light stand—shine! Keep open house; be generous with your lives. By opening up to others, you’ll prompt people to open up with God, this generous Father in heaven.” (Matt. 5:14-16 Msg) http://lynnmosher.com/let-the-light-shine/




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and reading, I hope you found some encouragement! Please feel free to leave a comment, I always love to hear from my readers.