Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Growing in my weaknesses!

I wrote and little piece over at Treasuring Christ, where I also sometimes write and share with some other amazing bloggers. Though I am not saying I am amazing, but that they amaze me through their writing. It is an honor to share my faith and Word of God with them! Anyhow, I thought it might speak to some of my readers and because I want you to know I have struggles too and am not perfect, gosh I probably fail at something most days, but God can use us and even little me. Living and learning on this journey, thankful for grace and mercy that our God gives each of us! God is amazing in ALL, He loves us and adores us, each and everyone of us! I hope y'all know that HE loves you and that you will seek Him out to find out who He is and why He loves you.  So here it is and be sure to go over and follow the Treasuring Christ web-site at  http://www.treasuring-christ.org/

So a girl can be wrong right? Now please tell me I am not the only one that has said or done something wrong? I know I am not perfect, but thankfully I have a Savior who is and one is so forgiving!!
My heart has been burdened lately by those I know who may not know our Savior. So I took a few days to take a little time away from social media, which provided to be helpful but at the same time, I also missed the encouragement from others and sharing encouragement with others. I read something recently that spoke to me and I want to share it with you.
If you believe in Christ and have been saved you are rare, but you are rarer person if you are a born again believer who also stands up for it and even rarer if you believe and are willing to stand up and alone.
Wow, that made me even more sad, because I realize just how much work there is to be done.
Jesus also said this “For the gate is small and the way is narrow that leads to life, and there are few who find it” God has given us all the choice to be saved, we just need to choose and when we do, we should be so thankful and wanting and willing to share no matter the cost!! So maybe being quiet is not such a good idea, but sometimes a break is much needed, because even Jesus himself had to step away and pray (Luke 5:16).
I have also felt so off-balanced and feel overwhelmed with the things I need to do (It’s that Mary vs. Martha struggle I wrote about previously . About two years ago, God placed it on my heart to start a mom ministry. So after much wrestling about it, I did and thought it be great to have a table full of us, what I didn’t realize is how fast and how much it would grow in a years time. But God knew and He knows the needs, so I need to trust Him to provide those needs. Not always easy to do, when sometimes He leaves me waiting till the last minute, but He always does provide and things always come together.
I have been reminded of this a lot lately from hearing messages from others and what God has done in their lives. Which is such an encouragement for this heart! This year as we start I am feeling so much more calm and peace with it, even though it has about tripled in size (yep God is amazing)!
However, this year our home has also taken on homeschooling, which has been an answered prayer for our family and I am blessed to be able to do this. So this takes up our mornings here in our household and some afternoons too. This does not include my prep time. So on top of trying to be a fabulous housewife and mommy, I am also trying to be a terrific teacher and coordinator for our mom group (remember though I am not perfect, just striving towards it)! So I have been a bit off-balanced, frustrated on how some days I am going to get it all done. But you know instead of complaining and worrying, I should have been praying and asking my God, how do I do what you have given and blessed me with? Because you know what, with God nothing is impossible (Matthew 19:26)! As my kids would sing, “My God is so big, so strong and so mighty, there is nothing my God can not do…(by Go Fish Guys)” and those messages I hear from others, this is exactly what I need to remember and do, stop, pray, and ask for God to show me the way, to trust Him to provide, and to help me grow in my weaknesses.
Paul lived this great message: 2 Corinthians 12:9:
But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and reading, I hope you found some encouragement! Please feel free to leave a comment, I always love to hear from my readers.