Friday, October 3, 2014

Friday and It's October!!

It's Friday, it's October, my favorite day of the week and favorite month!!We have a mom and kiddo play-date today and it is also movie night!!I am feeling very tired, but focusing on the blessings.

Exercise helps with feeling tired and gives me the energy I do need, plus a little coffee!! Though I need to be drinking more water, but coffee has water in it! This week I started the Peak 313 challenge!! The wonderful thing is I have two accountability partners! I have found over the years this is so important for so many reasons! The Bible speaks of this too....  Though one may be overpowered,
    two can defend themselves.
A cord of three strands is not quickly broken.~Ecclesiates 4:12
As iron sharpens iron,
    so one person sharpens another.~Proverbs 27:17

Let's do this girls, while seeking the lover of our souls!! 
 

Now sleep would probably be really great to get, so might be another reason I feel tired!? I do like to get up early!! However, not as early as my little man likes to be up at! I don't know about you, but I dream of sleeping past 6am, however I am up before that time, not my will, but with that I am able to get my workout done and we usually are finished with school work before lunch, so there is a plus. So in looking at this I see the similarity in how Jesus lived. He lived a life of living the will of the Father! I can get selfish and complain. However I realize instead to look for the blessing out of the situation. Also because of my lack of sleep, I am realizing the important of sabbath, resting in the Father. God created sabbath rest, and Jesus also took time to rest. We need to do this, especially us mama's who are pouring into our children. If we don't fill up and refresh, we won't have anything to give out. Oh how my children teach me so much! Then there are some day's I don't understand them, like yesterday (on top of all the other shenanigans) when shortly after cleaning the bathrooms and stepping outside to get the mail, I come back inside and Abigail says I have something serious to tell you, OK soooo...she says Aidan pulled out the toilet paper. I go to the bathroom to investigate, sure did, out of the toilet, so yes floor was all wet and wet toilet paper all over. I just stood and stared and Abigail says mom why you looking at me so funny, I said mama is having a talk with Jesus, she said OK I will leave you. Ha!! Smart girl!! I had a talk with the boy and still don't understand his thinking and I am sure some day I will laugh about this, like many of the other things! It is during times like that I remember his very sweet side, like the other day, he was out riding his "gator" around the yard. Saw me watching stopped it across the yard gets off and says mommy and runs to me just to give me a hug and then back to play. So I use those moments to melt the times when I am am frustrated with his choices.

Excited to report we just finished up week 9 of school!! All is going well! So we deserve a break, everyone here is starting fall break, but we are pushing through, so we can take two weeks off in November, we will have a special celebration then (details to follow later). We are doing great in the curriculum we are using, I have made a couple minor changes and added to it. Last weekend we went to Fall On The Farm, put on by Murray State University. The kids loved it and it was also a great learning experience. Abigail participated in her first horse show. It wasn't planned, we were just going to watch, but were asked by a friend if she like to participate in Open Lead Line. First she asked to see the horse and then she said yes. I guess it is important for her to meet the horse first! She loved it and it was a great confidence builder for her. Maybe a little too much, because now she wants to barrel race! So, with that we will continue horse lessons and see where it goes. We supported little man this week in cheering him and his t-ball team on!! Yesterday the kids decorated there pumpkins. We will carve one when grandma arrives, which I am so looking forward to!!

Snapshots:

Fall on the Farm fun:





Horse show:



Tball, Go #4!

Enjoying the last day of summer weather!

Rest time!

Pumpkin Decorating!


What I read this week worth sharing:


How different would our lives be if we surrendered to Him as our main source of energy and strength every day? http://www.themominitiative.com/2014/09/26/taxied-mom/

You matter, MOM! Motherhood matters!  It’s one of the most demanding, challenging, difficult, draining (and rewarding) jobs that exist. You’re doing world-changing, life enhancing, culture building, destiny directing work. Don’t let any voice, wherever it may come from, tell you otherwise. http://matthewljacobson.com/2014/09/11/ten-reasons-moms-10/

The best rewards that you will ever receive come from God. Everything else is temporal. http://timewarpwife.com/?p=4972

 Just pray — that’s what Jesus girls do. http://proverbs31.org/devotions/devo/whos-texting-me-this-late/

12 Lessons I Want Our Son to Learn Before He Turns 12 http://club31women.com/2014/09/12-lessons-want-son-learn-turns-12/

Listing logistical, circumstantial and spiritual truths helped me quiet my mind to see all that was going on. Suddenly, I was aware of what God wanted me to do versus what my opponent was trying to do — devour me with discouragement. http://proverbs31.org/devotions/devo/when-your-best-isnt-good-enough/

Maybe anger is like compassion, in that it can point us directly toward the place in the world we were born to help heal. http://momastery.com/blog/2014/10/01/sometimes-i-get-angry/

A song for when you feel tired, worn or heavy-hearted by this world:

Worn by Tenth Avenue North
I’m Tired I’m worn
My heart is heavy
From the work it takes
To keep on breathing
I’ve made mistakes
I’ve let my hope fail
My soul feels crushed
By the weight of this world

And I know that you can give me rest
So I cry out with all that I have left

Let me see redemption win
Let me know the struggle ends
That you can mend a heart
That’s frail and torn
I wanna know a song can rise
From the ashes of a broken life
And all that’s dead inside can be reborn
Cause I’m worn

I know I need to lift my eyes up
But I'm too weak
Life just won’t let up
And I know that you can give me rest
So I cry out with all that I have left


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and reading, I hope you found some encouragement! Please feel free to leave a comment, I always love to hear from my readers.