Friday, October 10, 2014

Friday Summary


Last weekend I bought myself a new vacuum as the one I had was not working well. You know just one of those tools a mama needs to do her job! So that was my excitement getting a new vacuum, see doesn't take much to make me happy :) The kids and I also did some outside work, picking up sticks from the storm last week. Which we are so blessed we didn't get hit by the tornado, it was very close. I actually woke up when I heard the winds pick up and started praying right away for a circle of protection around us. It was a small tornado but still it did a lot of damage to the business it hit and took out a few trees in the area.

It has been fall break here this week in our area, so most people have been gone this week vacationing, so it has been a fairly quiet week in our area. We still did school this week, but it was nice not having to be at certain places at a certain time this week, so been a little more relaxed. We finished up week 10, which is a great feeling we are close to being a 1/3 way done for our school year!!We learned about Bartolome, living things, cells, and yeast. Abigail was most interested in cells. We enjoyed reading Mary Breckenridge On Horseback this week! We also enjoyed some fall activities, working in the yard, and the weekly horse lesson, where Abigail learns about horse riding and Aidan plays in the dirt!
School in session.
Fall Activities
Hauling pine-cones!
Digging in the dirt and horse riding lessons!

Since we had some down time this week because we weren't needing to run around as much, we enjoyed some time visiting with friends I don't usually get time to sit down with much. I cleaned out our closets, getting rid of summer stuff and got our guest room all ready for my mom's visit! It will be nice having her here for the next couple weeks since my hubs has been gone working. I am so thankful for the kindness of friends,  prayers and the help we have received while he has had to be gone. The kids are enjoying skyping with him and this week they got sweet letters from him, and me too!! Can't tell you how much that melts my heart!! I love him to pieces and miss him tons, can't wait for my hunk to be back, which isn't too long now!!!

I have been watching the leaves fall from the trees, it really is an amazing process when you sit in it, watch and just ponder. It can seem kind of depressing, watching the leaves wither and die, but the color change is beautiful. Come spring the regrowth is amazing! Which reminds me of the seasons of life and how lightness always shines through in the darkest and coldest days.  It is so important that we keep our eyes focused on the goodness during those times, so that we can rejoice in them! There is nothing that can stop light! We have a true light in Jesus!



Sharing some inspirational reads:


Blessings don’t always appear in ways we might think — wrapped in foil paper and tied with satiny ribbon. Sometimes God’s greatest blessings are through messy, body-slamming heartache. http://www.incourage.me/2014/10/camping-out-in-his-purpose.html

I know I’m in my right place when my foundation is the Rock. http://www.incourage.me/2014/10/thought-loops-and-how-security-changes-you.html

If God is in the business of saving sinners, we need to expect that church will be full of sinners—those who are still wandering and those who have only just been found. http://www.challies.com/articles/thank-god-for-a-messy-church

Many of us are a little bit crazy, and hardly anyone is perfectly normal    http://www.sallyclarkson.com/many-of-us-are-a-little-bit-crazy-and-hardly-anyone-is-perfectly-normal-mentoring-monday/

He sees deep within our hearts and tells us when something is stuck there that doesn’t belong. His correction always comes with grace, not condemnation. http://holleygerth.com/youre-already-accepted/

But here’s the thing: I’ll never get it all done. There is no finish line to the list of household chores waiting to be completed or really, anything else for that matter. http://nataliesnapp.com/2014/10/09/wash-phone-washing-machine/

and a song....


Steady My Heart by Kari Jobe
I'm not gonna worry
I know that You've got me
Right inside the palm of your hand
Each and every moment
What's good and what gets broken
Happens just the way You plan
You are here
You're real
I know I can trust You




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and reading, I hope you found some encouragement! Please feel free to leave a comment, I always love to hear from my readers.