Friday, October 31, 2014

Happy Halloween and It's FRIDAY!!!

We have been enjoying the beautiful fall days and some Halloween fun this week!! Sunday night at AWANA the kids dressed up in their costumes and participated in fellowship and fun at church. I went with Aidan to his preschool party at school. We had a lot of fun playing games and he participated in his first candy run, he loved it!! Thursday night we attended Haunted House of Hoops, well it's not really haunted house, but the high school cheerleaders and basketball players put on a fun event for kids with games and treats. This is our 3rd year attending it and it is a nice fun indoor event. I don't like being out much after dark and we don't do regular trick or treating. So the kids get in some fun, a bunch of candy and dress up which they enjoy doing. Tonight we will opt to stay in and enjoy family night and some of the treats the kids have been collecting this week. Today we are having friends over for "Halloween/Fall lunch" to celebrate the end of the week and last day of October!! I adore this mama she is not only a dear friend but my homeschool mentor and our kids always have a blast together! Whether you celebrate Halloween or not, let your light shine in all you do!

Matthew 5:14-16 You are the light of the world—like a city on a hilltop that cannot be hidden. No one lights a lamp and then puts it under a basket. Instead, a lamp is placed on a stand, where it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your good deeds shine out for all to see, so that everyone will praise your heavenly Father.

We had a great week at Raising Arrows Academy!! Abigail had a great week learning about birds, insects and amphibians in science, she rocks at spelling and math, and we enjoyed reading about missionaries from around the world. Now before you think homeschooling is all fun and rosy, there are moments and I am sure there will be future moments ahead, but it is what we have been called to do, perfect for our family, and I feel best for our children. What I love about it is sitting along side my children and seeing them learn new things. I see so many benefits to homeschooling and I get to use my administrative/organizational skills.
Encouragement for my homeschool mama's...Why homeschooling matters...http://www.hiphomeschoolmoms.com/2014/10/homeschooling-matters/

Personally I have been enjoying some time reading when I can, so many good books right now! Taking some time out with friends, as I have missed it, just didn't realize it, because I have been feeling overwhelmed. I have learned that being around groups of people drain me (it is the introvert in me), but just getting together for coffee or helping a friend move while we get to talk fills my heart and spirit! God has really been speaking to me about ministering to others as we do day to day life and doing it as a family together. Right now been hard to do that with all that I have on my plate and it was something I really enjoyed doing before. So I know I need to make some best yeses and best no's in order to make room to do those things (yes I am reading Lysa Terkeurst's book The Best Yes).
  
Colossians 3:17 And whatever you do or say, let it be as a representative of the Lord Jesus, and come with him into the presence of God the Father to give him your thanks.

I have been struggling with something that I have been doing, something that is a good thing, a really good thing, but yet right now I personally don't have the time it takes to do it well and I have lost my passion for it and I am not sure why, I have been asking God to give me my passion back for it, so it has been a struggle while I wait to see what happens next. I am thinking a door may be closing while another door opens. I am studying about seasons while studying Esther in the Bible. There are seasons of life, just as there are seasons on earth. A time such as this!



Here are a few pictures of Aidan at his preschool party and Abigail and Aidan before they went to AWANA!! Also a couple snapshots of us enjoying a beautiful fall day collecting acorns in the back yard.








Here are some great reads worth sharing from this week:


My brave might not look like your brave, but that doesn't mean my brave is not brave. http://tjsmhanesfamily.blogspot.com/2014/10/this-is-my-brave.html


Here are eight ways to have peace in an uncertain world: http://www.tracimichele.com/2014/10/5720/

Because of Jesus, I don't need to prove myself anymore. Jesus is enough. His grace alone is sufficient. When God looks at me, He sees His Son. He sees that I am His and He is mine. The more I grasp this truth, the more I'm changed. http://proverbs31.org/devotions/devo/the-slavery-of-striving/

Persecution helps us to remember that http://joyfilleddays.com/persecution-how-it-helps-us/

Take a deep breath, rest, and relax in the midst of your homeschooling today. Just as Matthew 6:30 reminds us of God’s great care for the wildflowers, remember that He has beautiful plans for you and your sweet children. Don’t become so busy with your work that you miss opportunities for God to work. http://www.sallyclarkson.com/making-room-for-god-in-your-homeschooling/

God is shaping me into the exact mother he wants me to be for my children http://www.thebettermom.com/2014/10/26/typecast-mommy/

But when we practice embracing the season we’re in, we allow for the work that needs to be done, now. To find the lessons we need to learn, first. To savor the life to be lived, while we wait. We will never come this way again. We will never get this season back. Happy or sad or confused or mad, embrace it! Lean into it and let it teach. http://www.graceuncommon.com/embracing-the-season-youre-in/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and reading, I hope you found some encouragement! Please feel free to leave a comment, I always love to hear from my readers.