Saturday, November 22, 2014

JOY



Recently my daughter lost her first baby tooth, she is growing up which is bittersweet! As she woke up that morning, she was so very excited to see the tooth fairy left her a $1.I know a whole $1, I probably at the most got a nickel back in the day, but you know inflation, geez! The excitement and the joy on her face was priceless!! I so loved it and enjoyed seeing her excitement over it! 

Then yesterday afternoon, her other tooth which has been loose for a while, it got bumped and starting bleeding, she of course freaked out, but after a while and I tried to share with her there is nothing to be scared of and I was praying quietly Jesus help her to not be scared and for me too, I left her for a few minutes to check on little man and came back. She was still a bit upset but much calmer, and working on the tooth, she asked me to pray for God to give her strength, so of course I did, we prayed, in a couple minutes she pulled that baby tooth out and again that face of of excitement, relief and thankfulness, she said mommy it is out, Jesus helped me not be scared, that was so easy!! Obviously her definition of easy and mine are not the same, I thought, yes thought, are you kidding me what should have taken a minute took 30 minutes. But she had to do it herself, she wouldn't let me, and I am so proud of her for getting over the fear and getting it out by herself! Oh thank you Jesus!

God gives us so many lessons in our everyday living! I am thankful for these lessons!

Later I got to thinking about how we should be living every day! God has given us such an amazing gift, the best gift ~ eternal life (for those that have accepted it), and shouldn’t we be excited every day we wake up! Yes I am thankful, but do I really show it all the time? I don’t, this morning, I was woken up early because I have a little boy who likes to be up early, earlier then me, and then discovering dog puke, yep it was glorious, not really! After a little time, some coffee and reading a devotion and Bible verses, God did straighten my heart out and gave me His perspective. So instead of getting a stinky attitude, I should look for the blessings, hard to do with dog puke, but you know what my floors got a good scrubbing and yes I really do love my dog, so thankful he just had an upset stomach and not something else wrong and it was not on carpet! God, thank you I am alive, thank you for my family and home, thank you for giving me more then I deserve, for your love, grace, and forgiveness! 

We have JOY that comes from Jesus. We have all the benefits and blessings given to us when we accept Him into our hearts. 
Ephesians 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ. 

When we have troubles God comforts us.
2 Corinthians 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort. 

We can have Christ’s attitude and perspective.
Romans 1:5 Now may the God who gives perseverance and encouragement grant you to be of the same mind with one another according to Christ Jesus.

Lord, I want to live with a heart full of JOY and give it out to the world, each and every day! Lord, be my light in all things I do!  Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and reading, I hope you found some encouragement! Please feel free to leave a comment, I always love to hear from my readers.