Monday, November 24, 2014

Living Free!



I recently met with my mentor who is someone I also consider a friend, but this gal is extra special, she is downright honest, she tell you like it is, she has a heart for Jesus. I also adore her family! I am thankful for her, we talked about some hard stuff and she helped to reveal some stuff I have been holding onto, some stuff that holds me back in my faith, but it is stuff and we don’t need to let that stuff, or you might want to call it junk, take a hold of us. We have someone that will, and He can mold it, use it, and bring good out of it! He can also heal and fill us with complete JOY, which in this world can be sometimes a little hard to feel at times. I am a happy person, love my life, am thankful, and I am blessed in many ways, but I do have some areas where my heart just aches for certain things and people, and I have been holding onto it. Instead of trusting the One who takes care of those things. After our talk, I felt lighter, able to breathe easier! Later I asked God to reveal anything that is taking up residence in my heart that doesn’t need to be there and give me His perspective. 

I encourage everyone to find that one person or persons in your life that you can sit with, share, be honest, real honest, and use each others stories to encourage one another. Plus it is part of our mission in our MOM Group that I am a part of, but then I realized I haven’t had a personal mentor in years. So I am thankful that God has placed this woman in my life and I am thankful for the answer to the prayer I have been praying to bring me someone like her. We are similar in some ways and totally opposites in other ways, but we both have a love for Jesus and sharing His truth! She isn’t afraid to be different, she is who God made her to be! 

I encourage you, go out and find yourself a mentor/friend! Ask God to reveal any stuff you are holding onto and cleanse it out. It is freeing, and that is how we are to live, free in Christ!
Galatians 5:1 It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.

Lord, I pray for the mind of Christ, for Your perspective in all situations, to hear godly wisdom! Take every thought captive (2 Corinthians 10:5) and cleanse me of what isn’t in obedience. I desire nothing but to be devoted to You wholly. I will not be shaken by the surrounding chaos, but have the PEACE that comes from God and HIS promises! Amen!

Isaiah 26:3-4 The steadfast of mind. You will keep in perfect peace, because he trusts in you. Trust in the Lord forever, for in God the Lord, we have an everlasting rock!

2 comments:

  1. As a wise woman once told me "soon, you will not have bad days because you will learn to give it to the One who can fix it."

    Hold tight to that :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that! On the journey with ya sista to that!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and reading, I hope you found some encouragement! Please feel free to leave a comment, I always love to hear from my readers.