Friday, December 26, 2014

Last Friday of 2014!!!

I hope that everyone had a very Merry Christmas!! We were definitely blessed beyond measure, even on the tough days. We enjoyed a nice family Christmas and were thankful the hubby was home. My kids are spoiled by their grandparents and our family, might have to do with them having to live so far from them. So today we clean up the aftermath of Christmas presents and enjoy the last few days of 2014!! I definitely have lots of blessings to count this year and it really has been a very amazing year! What are you most thankful for this year? I am thankful for my health, warm home and plenty of food. I am thankful for my husband's job, though at times as it can be hard to deal with him being gone so much and on-call all the time, but it allows us to provide for our family, for me to stay home and take care of our family and school our children. Thankful for our family and friends both far and near, our church family, and most importantly my husband and our two little blessings who call me mom!! I would not be as blessed or have a heart full of joy if it wasn't for my salvation through our savior, Jesus Christ!  (So if you don't know Him, you need to know Him, more than you realize. I tell ya it is life changing people!! Truly will rock your world!!)


For 2015, I want to shine His light through my life even more and being able to do it as family. Which is not always easy with two little kids, who some days want to do their own thing, and hey I can understand that, I am just as guilty of being selfish. But I truly believe you train them up in the way they will go, they will not depart, also it is biblical Proverbs 22:6. I don't know what God has in store, but I do know it will be wonderful, because it is always good with God. He has placed a few things on my heart, one of them I am not sure yet what it will entail, and the other is to be more intentional of my time with my family and friends!!! Keep my heart and mind focused on things above (not become distracted or too OCD), to trust God even in the midst of chaos, so that I am at peace in ALL things (and honestly some-days I like to run away to Target or something...yes I miss shopping at Target, for those that do not live here the closest one is over an hour away.) To be bold in my faith and have confidence which solely comes from God. This is the quote to which I want to live by:

"Of all the things you do in life, in the end, loving God and investing in the lives you love will be the only things that matter."

God tells us to love ALL people, so that will be a big undertaking, but if you start within the walls of your own home and work out, I believe it can be done, especially when you let God lead!!

In the end, it really comes to knowing Jesus. Jesus + Nothing = Everything 

Here are some snapshots of this week. We started the week enjoying a lovely Christmas worship. Put together a gingerbread house, and hey it actually turned out cute, but never like the box picture! We had a couple friends over for a little Happy Birthday Jesus cupcake party! Enjoyed more Christmas movies, light seeing, and watching the kids unwrap Christmas with finishing our advent count-down and opening of presents.
Gingerbread time!

The kids favorite Christmas lights!
Ready for Happy Birthday Jesus party!!
New glasses for a beautiful girl!

Opening Christmas presents and play time!!




Encouraging reads from this week:


Yes, here’s the secret we can cling to when the wind comes: Life is hard but we do not have to be…because of Jesus. http://holleygerth.com/choosing-soft/


This spoke to me on so many levels, and part of it is because my daughter wants a puppy and the other part is yes  God loves to bless us!! …Sometimes God's blessings are easy to see, other times they are wrapped in eternal perspective. Either way, our Father can be fully trusted. http://tooverflowing.com/christmas-puppy-and-how-it-points-to-jesus-week-3-advent-round-up/



Having moved around so much in the last 10 years…..Our zip code may change and the familiar may fade, but when we build our lives on the cornerstone of Christ, we are never far from home. http://proverbs31.org/devotions/devo/if-youre-longing-for-home-this-christmas/

Mary taught us that the ordinary, as well as the extraordinary, are to be embraced as "unto the Lord" and as "from the Lord." This should teach us to say, with Mary, "Yes, Lord. Anything. Everything. Whatever you think is best for me." http://joyfilleddays.com/marys-secret-for-peace/

Homeschool mama’s this is awesome  http://simplehomeschool.net/saint-nick/

I got to enjoy the ins and outs and ups and downs of their everyday lives. My husband and I nourished them, nurtured them, and watched them grow. We didn’t have to send them off so that someone else got to enjoy them—or worse, not enjoy them. Forget about academics and socialization and all that stuff. http://simplehomeschool.net/enjoying-them/

I got to enjoy the ins and outs and ups and downs of their every day lives. My husband and I nourished them, nurtured them, and watched them grow. We didn’t have to send them off so that someone else got to enjoy them—or worse, not enjoy them. Forget about academics and socialization and all that stuff. - See more at: http://simplehomeschool.net/enjoying-them/#sthash.9izZz32X.Hpz9N4v4.dpuf

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and reading, I hope you found some encouragement! Please feel free to leave a comment, I always love to hear from my readers.