Friday, December 12, 2014

Wow what a week!



Wow what a week! It was a blessed weekend! We went to Calvert City Let It Glow parade and Abigail saw her horse trainer with her girls in the parade, and they were representing Frozen! Sunday, Abigail took a step in faith and went forward to share that she accepted Jesus as her savior earlier in the week and will be following through with baptism!! The hubs had time off so we could go see Aidan's preschool Christmas program, but he got sick and then Abigail, but hers was short lived, I believe that has to do with me diffusing and apply essential oils like crazy to get the gunk out quickly! So we are lacking some sleep this week and part of the week didn't go as planned because of sickness, but I am thankful the hubs was home so we could tag team and that he doesn't complain having to get up in the middle of the night, even though there were moments I was crabby. Thankful for coffee (I really think God created coffee just for us sleep deprived mama's) and flexibility of school days. I must share, I was excited when Aidan joined us in school this week to take part in our Bible lesson and a little math. He usually has no interest when we are doing school, but in another year he won't have a choice and this mama is preparing for it!

I am so excited for this weekend! Abigail's baptism and the children's church Christmas program!  I can't believe Christmas is just a little over a week away! May we all be present, and know the love, hope, and peace that comes from knowing Jesus Christ! This week I really want to keep focus on being present, even in the busyness that sometimes come with this season of life, and keeping my focus on above, even though some-days my faith is weak. 

Couple snapshots of our week:

 Encouragement:


Jesus left His home in heaven and came to earth so that we could, through Him, make heaven our home. http://www.meetmeinthemeadow.com/2014/12/jesus-name-above-all-names-servant/

There are not many people whose lives really encourage us to press on, to walk in the presence of the Lord, to love others graciously and unconditionally and to believe God with all my heart. Thankfully, though, there are a few people who do make me feel more filled up when I have spent time with them--more ready to face life again, to finish well, to trust God. http://www.sallyclarkson.com/choosing-to-pursue/

Truth is, we're not meant to understand everything in the Bible the first time we read it. If we were, we could read it once and put it on our shelf. http://proverbs31.org/devotions/devo/its-okay-if-we-dont-understand-the-whole-bible/

everything in my life as His child is a mark of His matchless, pursuing, endless grace. Because everything goes through His hands of love before it can touch me. http://tooverflowing.com/everything-marked-with-grace-week-1-advent-round-up/

Everything we do, everything, comes after the fact that He came here for us. He came for us on one beautiful holy night, and the world has never been the same. So welcome Him right into the messiness that this season can bring. Everything doesn’t need to be planned and perfect. He is waiting. http://www.incourage.me/2014/12/god-with-us.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and reading, I hope you found some encouragement! Please feel free to leave a comment, I always love to hear from my readers.