Friday, January 2, 2015

Friday 2015

Christmas is done and now we are into the New Year, hard to believe 2015 already!! The Christmas stuff is put away, I started Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred workout again, I use to do it regularly, now I just do it here and there when I need a boost. I prefer yoga and walking for regular fitness. I am also a big believer in the 80/20 rule, eat good majority time with a couple treats here and there. So that is how I try to stay fit and healthy, it does take dedication and discipline just like anything in life does, so you can do it too!!

The hubs and I celebrated our 10 year wedding anniversary on New Years Eve, by taking the day to hang out without kids and going out to eat at a nice place. It was wonderful and much needed!! I love my hubby and spending time with him, no other place I rather be, than next to him!!!

We continued school break here this week, so I did some school planning for the next few months, at the rate we are going, we will finish up mid May! Though I am looking at doing language arts curriculum during the summer months. Abigail wanted to do school during Christmas break, so we did do some Christmas themed LA worksheets and art classes. So I know she will want to continue during the summer too. I am thinking the following school year when Aidan is done with preschool, we may do more of a year round school and take some breaks here and there throughout the year at different times, one of the perks I love about homeschooling, being able to schedule around our life schedule and seasons. I am thankful I was introduced to it a few years ago, from a wonderful family that babysat for us in Texas and for God leading us on this path! God placed it on my heart a few years ago, by placing those people on my path, and having friends that homeschool has been helpful in this journey we are on. I do believe most anyone can homeschool if they want to. It's similar to teaching your children other things they need to do to grow up (I think it is easier then potty training, ha!), it takes being committed and dedicated to doing it. In addition to spending time planning, I do research on curriculum, learning styles, and finding deals on school supplies. I read books and we are involved in homeschool groups, to learn with others. Homeschooling has really grown in numbers the last few years http://www.educationnews.org/parenting/number-of-homeschoolers-growing-nationwide/


New Years resolutions, none really here as I don't really believe in them. I do want to be more intentional with my time and being a light of Jesus to those around me in everything I do. This is just something that needs to be done daily!

Few snapshots this week:
Art class

Aidan joining me in working out!

Lego time


Tea time
play time
Ready to celebrate 10 year wedding anniversary!

Encouraging reads:


We were made for friendship. Our hearts are prewired to be loved, to belong, to celebrate and share life together, in community–to bear each others burdens and so fulfill the law of Christ. http://www.sallyclarkson.com/40793/
Glorifying and enjoying God. This our life purpose and our life goal. As we begin a new year, let’s make this goal the driving force for our family. http://forthefamily.org/one-goal-family-needs-year/

But You stay. And You are all the ambition of my heart. http://winsomewoman.blogspot.com/2014/12/holding-on-to-christmas.html



Friends, we are His beloved. However flawed and sinful, He loves us. http://joyfilleddays.com/gospel-hope-when-you-feel-like-a-failure/

God’s word reminds us who we are in Christ and what it means to be a child of God. Here are four truths we don’t want to forget: http://www.christianity.com/christian-life/4-truths-christians-should-never-forget.html


Y'all know we use essential oils, they have been helpful in our family. So just a little plug-in...We are SO EXCITED to announce our new team name AND our website! This will be a no pressure to buy site, just essential oil tips and fun!! So don't hesitate to sign up for the newsletter and chance to win....
The full website will be released Monday at noon, but go out now and visit the site now to sign up for our email list. When you sign up, you'll receive:
- Our FIRST team e-book: Five Essential Oil-Infused Self-Care Tips AND
- Be entered into a drawing for a Ningxia Red Stocking Stuffer.
We can't wait to share with you all the fun plans we have for our community!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and reading, I hope you found some encouragement! Please feel free to leave a comment, I always love to hear from my readers.